The Caesura in Spenserâ€™s Amoretti LXVII
- Amoretti 67. Spencer, Edmund // Collected Classic Poems, Pope to Sterling;2012, p1
The poem "Amoretti 67" by Edmund Spenser is presented. First Line: Like as a huntsman after weary chase, Last Line: So goodly won with her own will beguiled.
- Britomart's Petrarchan Lament: Allegory and Narrative in The Faerie Queene III, iv. Wofford, Susanne Lindgren // Comparative Literature;Winter97, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p28
A critique is presented of Book III, canto iv of the poem "The Faerie Queene" Edmund Spenser, focusing on the poems use of allegory, quests, and uncertainty in the laments of the characters Britomart, Clymoent, and Arthur. The poems references to the sonnets of Italian poet Petrarch and the...
- Petrarch's Mourning, Spenser's Scudamore, and Britomart's Gift of Death. Parry, Joseph // Comparative Literature Studies;2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p24
Explores Edmund Spenser's treatment of the risks to his allegory of chastity in its political as well as its sexual and spiritual dimensions as offered not just by Petrarchan poetic conventions, but specifically by Francesco Petrarch's own philosophical strugglings in his love poetry. Petrarch's...
- THE COMPOSITIONAL HISTORY OF CANTOS ii AND iii IN BOOK III OF THE FAERIE QUEENE. Candido, Joseph // American Notes & Queries;Dec77, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p50
Provides an explanation for the narrative inconsistency in book III of Edmund Spenser's 'The Faerie Queene' which speaks about the compositional history of cantos ii and iii and the wrong identification of Redcrosse as Guyon. Contradictory passages appearing from cantos 11.17 to ii.61; Doubts...
- Relative Means; Spenser's Style of Discordia Concors. Fumerton, Patricia // Papers on Language & Literature;Winter88, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p3
Examines the style of discordia concors in 'The Faerie Queene,' a poem written by Edmund Spenser. Contraries of war and love in the poem; Structure of the poem; Information on Spenser's dreamstyle of discordia concors.
- Front Cover. // Faerie Queene, Vol. 1;1910, preceding p1
The front cover of the book "The Faerie Queene," by Edmund Spenser.
- INTRODUCTION. Hales, John W. // Faerie Queene, Vol. 1;1910, preceding p1
An introduction to the book "The Faerie Queene," by Edmund Spenser is presented.
- SELECT BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Faerie Queene, Vol. 1;1910, preceding p1
A bibliography for the book "The Faerie Queene," by Edmund Spenser is presented.
- Untitled. Spenser, Edmund // Hatred: The Psychological Descent into Violence;2004, pv
An excerpt from the book "The Faerie Queene," by Edmund Spenser is presented.