- SCHOLASTIC ScienceWorld TEACHER'S EDITION VOL. 69 NO. 4, OCTOBER 29, 2012. // Science World (Teacher's Edition);10/29/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 4, pTE1
A science lesson plan to test students' reading comprehension and find textual evidence is presented.
- SCHOLASTIC NEWS TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 75, No. 6, October 22, 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);10/22/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 6, pT1
A lesson plan for teaching reading comprehension skills of identifying the author's main points and explaining how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points is presented.
- SCHOLASTIC NEWS TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 75 No. 5, October 8, 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);10/8/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 5, pT1
The article presents lesson plans for primary education which teach concepts about proofreading and developing comprehension skills.
- The Teen Poetry Explosion. // Writing;Oct2001 Teachers, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
The article presents a lesson plan for teenagers on a prereading and prewriting vocabulary and word comprehension activity on articles and poetry.
- SCHOLASTIC News TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 75 No. 4, October 1, 2012. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4 (Teacher's Edition);10/1/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p1
The article presents a lesson plan designed for teachers which focuses on developing reading comprehension skills using nonfiction text about wild pets.
- English/Language Arts: Persuasive Reading with Newspaper Editorials. Brownlee, Amy // School Library Monthly;Mar2012, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p55
The article presents a lesson plan for sixth grade English and Language Arts education which teaches persuasive reading strategies about comprehension using newspaper editorial resources.
- Reading Textbooks: Changing Students' Attitudes from Aversion to Conversion. Lau, Laura; Lau, Richard; Thomson, David // Perspectives (TESOL Arabia);2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p23
The article presents a lesson plan for higher education in the Foundation Program at the Petroleum Institute (PI) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) which teaches students the fundamentals of how to read academic textbooks effectively while understanding the importance of reading these...
- SCHOLASTIC ACTION TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 27, No. 14 May 10, 2004. Damio, Christy // Scholastic Action (Teacher's Edition);5/10/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p1
Presents lesson guide on reading, vocabulary and grammar for teachers. Use multiple decoding strategies; Writing a letter to the editor; Understanding problem and solution.
- SCHOLASTIC News Your Time-Saving TEACHER'S EDITION Vol. 67 No. 4, January 2011. Falk, Laine // Scholastic News -- Edition 2 (Teacher's Edition);Jan2011, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p1
The article presents several lessons plans including one on phonic analysis of vowel and consonants, another on grammar usages and mechanics and one on reading comprehension.