- The Ten Greatest Works of Literature of the Second Millennium. Updike, John // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p36
No abstract available.
- Learning to read in poughkeepsie. Flannery, Maura C. // American Biology Teacher;Oct97, Vol. 59 Issue 8, p528
Opinion. Focuses on the authors experience as she attended the Summer Institute which was sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities and held at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York in relation to literature. Reference to her views after reading poems; Indication that frequent...
- Literature. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Feb98, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p102
Gives information on literature in relation to adhesives. Information on a brochure from TA Instruments Incorporated which describes the TGA 2950 thermogravimetric analyzer; Details on a guide from National Starch and Chemical Company, for users of labeling adhesives; Detailed information on a...
- Russian politics in the Russian classics. Barzun, J. // Commentary;May91, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p41
Disputes the conventional impression that characters in classical Russian literature are complacent and passive. In fact they are political in the broad sense of criticizing society for its defects. Pushkin criticized serfdom; Turgenev predictedglasnost; Politics underlie the works of Tolstoy...
- Factfile literature. // Government Product News;Aug97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p57
Presents information on a number of literature pieces in relation to products. What is offered in Catalog No. 97-98; Literature on exit lighting.
- FactFile Literature. // Government Product News;Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p34
Presents information on literature including the `1998 General Catalog,' which details a wide selection of casters, wheels, glides and material handling supplies and the `Coffee Brewing Guide,' from Bunn-O-Matic Corp.
- IW litdigest. // Industry Week/IW;3/18/96, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p56
Presents information on reading material on the management of a business. Titles of materials; Manufactures; Addresses and telephone numbers for contact.
- Publish be damned. // New Statesman & Society;5/24/91, Vol. 4 Issue 152, p46
Questions whether Britain has lost its lead in the literature of human rights. Book from the group Article 19, `Information, Freedom and Censorship'; `Conscience be my Guide,' by Geoffrey Bould; More.
- The metanormal in fantasy literature. // Psychology Today;May92, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p86
Offers a look at the metanormal in fantasy literature by giving examples from specific fantasy books. Metanormal perception; Metanormal kinesthesis; Metanormal communication abilities; Metanormal vitality; Metanormal movement; Metanormal influence on the environment; Metanormal delight;...