- Comfort Food. DAY, HOLLY // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;2013, Vol. 25, p236
The poem "Comfort Food," by Holly Day is presented. First Line: apocalyptic dreams comfort us; Last Line: blooming on the horizon.
- Comfort Food. DAY, HOLLY // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;2013, Vol. 25, p2
The poem "Comfort Food" by Holly Day is presented. First Line: apocalyptic dream comfort us; Last Line: blooming on the horizon.
- Comfort Food. Twaronite, Gene // Freethought Today;Nov2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p21
The poem "Comfort Food," by Gene Twaronite. First Line: Does it comfort you, Last Line: as something not you?
- Comfort Food. Redmond, Glenis // Appalachian Journal;Fall2011/Winter2012, Vol. 39 Issue 1/2, p35
The poem "Comfort Food" by Glenis Redmond is presented. First Line: Upcountry Southern; Last Line: like her butter biscuits, rise.
- Mealtimes can be family times. // Current Health 1;Nov91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the importance of family mealtimes. Compares today's rushed meals to the large family meals considered normal a generation ago. Need for a good breakfast; How families can share food-preparation duties; Table manners; How children can help with meals.
- Fresh from the grill. // Country Living;May97, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p155
Presents four selections of seasonal foods prepared over aromatic woods from Max's Grille in Celebration, Florida.
- Dining alone can be quite enjoyable. Grant, Holly // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun93, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p20
States that cooking for ones' self has some definite advantages. Choosing food every day; Splurging on more expensive, gourmet foods within the budget; Taking advantage of tasty prepared meals; Importance of eating healthy meals; Tips on shopping, preparing and serving food.
- Eating alone may mean eating less--and enjoying it less. Scanlon, Deralee // Environmental Nutrition;Jul93, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p2
Gives advice in making the most of solitary meals. Adverse effects of eating alone; Eating breakfast regularly; Cooking tips; Importance of a pleasant dining setting.
- Joint Center salutes black women in politics. // Jet;5/6/91, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p36
Reports on the victories of black women in politics spotlighted at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies 14th Annual Dinner. Keynote speech by D.C. Mayor Sharon Pratt Dixon; Guests.