- Business Blog. Clarke, Phil // Farmers Weekly;12/18/2009, Vol. 151 Issue 25, p31
The article presents business blogs from editor Phil Clarke about the Ensus biofuel plant and a pre-budget report in Great Britain.
- VOICE FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 12, p7
The article presents views of several people posted on the blog of the journal's web site. Regarding a finding, that top five brewers adopted light weight glass bottles for their beverages, Doris de Guzman mentioned that it was pleasing to know about green activities happening in the alcoholic...
- ICIS blogs are taking off. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/2/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 13, p32
The article discusses the blogs of the "ICIS Chemical Business Americas." The blogs bring information, comments and analysis on various topics including The Big Biofuels Blog, which examines influences and trends in the biofuel market, India Specialty and Fine Chemicals, which is about the...
- Innovative new ways to keep ICIS online users in the loop. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p39
This article features the new ICIS blog. The Big Biofuels Blog aims to bring information from sources that one may not have see. Journalist Simon Robinson was employed to trawl the Internet for biofuel facts, opinions and debates. There are about 100,000 new blogs posted each day, according to...
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/28/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 4, p7
The article presents information on various topics related to the chemical industry discussed by bloggers on the website of the journal. Malini Hariharan writes about the opportunity for Indian active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturers. John Richardson looks at whether China's economic coal...
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 14, p7
The article presents several blogs related to the chemical industry in the U.S. which include the ceasing of demand for many petchem products, the halting of research and development works of Dow Chemical in India, and the refusal of Unilever for mandatory biofuel target.
- Energy Independence and the Warfighter. Cullom, Phil // CHIPS Magazine;Apr-Jun2014, p18
A reprint of the article "Energy Independence and the Warfighter" by Vice Admiral Phil Cullom, which appeared on the Navy Live blog on April 7, 2014, is presented. The article stresses the importance for the U.S. Navy to have alternative energy sources. The author notes that game changing...
- Hawaiian biomass moves toward demonstration. Chambers, Ann // Power Engineering;Oct96, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p22
Reports that the US Department of Energy and the state of Hawaii have started phase II of the Hawaiian Biomass Gasification Program. Upgrading of the existing biomass gasification facility in Paia, Maui; Success of the phase I gasifier proof-of-principle effort; Technology verification and...
- Biomass promoted for rural electrification. // Modern Power Systems;Dec94, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the statement of India Minister of State for Non-conventional Energy Sources S. Krishnar Kumas that large scale and widespread use of biomass sources offered an environmental advantage along with the capability of producing grid quality electricity.