THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;9/17/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p168
The article presents quotes from Malcolm S. Forbes who thinks that golf link drivers go further than putterers, Paul Gallico who is convinced that if there is larceny in a man, golf will bring it out and Emily Post who criticized golf as a severe strain upon the amiability of the average...
- thoughts. // Real Simple;Sep2010, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p48
The article presents quotation from Emily Post regarding fashion and women.
- Emily Post's Social Revolution. Jacobs, Laura // Vanity Fair;Dec2001, Issue 496, p292
Presents the life and works of American author and socialite Emily Post. Social significance of Post's book 'Etiquette: In Society, in Business, in Politics and at Home,'; Childhood years of Post; Authorship career of Post.
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;12/24/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p100
The article presents quotes from Malcolm S. Forbes, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Jilly Cooper on why it is most appealing to sleep at a time when one should not.
- Gekko's Gurus. Forbes Jr., Malcolm S. // National Review;2/6/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p39
This section presents a quotation from Forbes Magazine executive Malcolm S. Forbes concerning the economic challenges to the administration of U.S. President Bill Clinton in 1995.
- Hats Off in Lifts Passe, Emily Post Decrees. // Saturday Evening Post;12/18/1948, Vol. 221 Issue 25, p112
The author reflects on the opinion of etiquette expert Emily Post on the hauling off of hats in elevators. He cites that according to Post, an elevator in a business building is like a public concourse and that men are not expected to remove their hats in such places. He argues that a man...
- LADY EMILY FAILS TO KEEP ME POSTED. Grady, Raymond A. // America;2/1/1941, Vol. 64 Issue 17, p459
The author expresses his views on how etiquette plays a role in having a pleasant life. The author cites situations which measure and illustrate ethics. He mentions that his family bought an etiquette book by Emily Post yet he realized people cannot learn etiquette in an instant. He stated that...
- Doris Grumbach. Smith, W.; Steinberg, S. // Publishers Weekly;9/6/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 40, p84
Presents an interview with critic and novelist Doris Grumbach. Her contention that `writing is an act of healing'; Relationship between life and art in her novels; Her background; Her feeling that publishing has ceased to be a craft and is now a business; More.
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;7/3/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p72
The article presents several quotes from prominent people about revenge. Malcolm S. Forbes said that getting even will make people feel less than they are. Charles Caleb Colton believes that refusing to pay a debt of revenge make human superior. Francis Bacon emphasized the need to have more...