QUOTES OF THE WEEK
- Kemira buys Cytec's water unit. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p10
This article states that Finland's Kemira has boosted its water chemicals business with the acquisition of Cytec Industries' water treatment chemicals unit and acrylamide product lines for $240m in cash. The businesses are expected to have sales of $300m this year. Mats Jungar, president of...
- ...as Enger targets growth. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p7
Explains that Hydro Agri chief executive officer Thorleif Enger is aiming for the growth of his company. Growth average which Enger aims; Focus of the company in China and Thailand; Plans of Enger for the company.
- Growing gains? Harries-Rees, Karen // European Chemical News;10/6/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2071, p22
Presents the views of several executives on the expansion of the European chemical market with the entry of candidate countries in the European Union. Franz-Josef Berners of Bayer; Wolfgang Ruttenstorfer of OMV; Thorleif Enger of Hydro Agri.
- PEOPLE AT THE TOP. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;1/16/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on career developments involving executives in the chemical industry as of January 2006. Mats Jungar will join Kemira as member of the board of management of Kemira. Graham Fox has been selected as president and CEO of Equipolymers. John Banham has been appointed as chairman...
- Yara pours cash into TAN plant. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plan of Yara International to invest NKr125m or â‚¬16m/$20m on the expansion of its technical ammonium nitrate (TAN) production in KÃ¶ping, Sweden. The TAN market is expected to continue to grow strongly as a consequence of solid growth in international...
- Yara talks of firm Q2. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;7/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 29, p11
This article states that Yara International reported strong results for the second quarter (Q2) of 2006, and managed to offset increased energy costs by energy arbitrage gains of â‚¬ 38m/$48m, higher fertiliser prices and currency gains. However, high gas costs have forced it to idle ammonia...
- ELEMATIC GROUP APPOINTS JUNGAR CEO, EFFECTS 'SMART EVOLUTION' CAMPAIGN. Jungar, Mats // Concrete Products;Jan2012, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p35
The article reports on the appointment of Mats Jungar as chief executive officer (CEO) of Finnish precast concrete technology expert Elematic Group Oy.
- Yara Has Best 3Q Ever. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 14, p4
The article focuses on the third-quarter performance of Yara International for the year 2004. Despite higher feedstock and energy costs and a slight fall in the volume of its fertilizer sales, Yara has reported a big increase in profits in the third quarter of 2004. Thorleif Enger, president and...
- Yara voices an upbeat outlook for fertilizers. Sinclair, Neil; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;11/27/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 45, p5
This article reports that the global fertilizer market has remained on course for expansion, according to Yara International. Furthermore, strong growth in biofuels demand and a limited rise in capacity is reinforcing a healthy supply and demand balance. Current demand fundamentals make the...