THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- Thoughts on the Business of Life. // Forbes Asia;1/9/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p84
The article presents quotes related to business. Malcolm S. Forbes defines the term security. D. H. Lawrence advocates the need to destroy the spirit of money. Victor Hugo describes the supreme happiness of life. Sir Francis Bacon comments on wealth.
- Bacon's crisps. // Advocate;2/13/74, Issue 131, p7
Presents a quotation from Francis Bacon's book 'Of Fortune,' focused on man's fortune.
- Bacon's Crisps. // Advocate;9/29/73, Issue 121, p31
Presents a quotation written by philosopher and essayist Francis Bacon.
- Bacon's crisps. // Advocate;9/29/73, Issue 121, p18
Reports on the quotation on marriage and single life written by the philosopher Francis Bacon.
- CONTRIBUTION TO THE LIFE HISTORY OF THE NORTHWESTERN LUMBERJACK. Marshall, Robert // Social Forces;Dec29, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p271
Sociologist Francis Bacon once said: "For it is the nature of man, to the extreme prejudice of knowledge, to delight in the spacious liberty of generalities, and not in the inclosures of particularity." If the social sciences are ever to justify such a dignified appellation they will have to...
- A Comparative Study of Truth, Revenge and Love in Thiruvalluvar's Thirukkural and Francis Bacon's Essays. Murali, M.; Natanam, G. // Language in India;Oct2008, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p9
The article presents a comparative study of truth, revenge and love in the couplet "Thirukkural," by Thiruvalluvar and essays of Francis Bacon. The English essayist compares truth to daylight and falsehood to candle light. The chapter on vaaymai or truthfulness is said to concern defining proper...
- ENGLISH READINGS FOR SCHOOLS. Wilson, Woodrow // President Wilson's Addresses;1/1/1918, p49
The article presents quotes from English poet Francis Bacon and American writer Ralph Waldo Emerson about reading.
- Quotes to live by. // NextStepU;Sep/Oct2011, Issue 3, p46
The article presents quotes including the one by John Quincy Adams on leadership, another by Francis Bacon on opportunities, and the one by George Herman Ruth on overcoming fear.
- On the Business of Life. // Forbes Asia;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p80
The article presents quotes from several people including Malcolm Forbes, publisher of "Forbes," on profit sharing, English philosopher Francis Bacon on rich people, and Peruvian politician Mario Vargas on egalitarianism.