- Back to Basics. McKew, Howard J. // Engineered Systems;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p16
Discusses issues related to the testing of HVAC system in the U.S. Initial commissioning process; Design criteria document; Trading energy consumption; Verification of software programming.
- Reinventing HVAC Design. Rumsey, Peter; Lotspeich, Chris // Environmental Design & Construction;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the principles of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration design for environmental buildings in the U.S. Climate control strategies; Mechanical system design as a key feature of sustainable buildings. INSET: Key Resource Efficiency Design Principles..
- Hvacr designer tips. McKew, Amanda E. // Engineered Systems;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p48
Presents different punchlist checklists intended to keep an accurate track of field notes, observations, and specifications when undertaking building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system upgrades. Specification punchlist checklist; Details punchlist; Drawing punchlist checklist.
- Additions and Corrections. // ASHRAE Handbook: HVAC Applications (9781931862226);2003, pA.1
The article presents several corrections to the articles in the "2000 to 2003 ASHRAE Handbook Series" including wrong number printed in page 7.28, first column, third paragraph, third line up and wrong year printed on page 42.14, second column, last reference both of the "2000 Heating,...
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/25/2005, Vol. 224 Issue 17, p8
Evaluates several new products for air conditioning and heating , manufactured by several industries in the U.S. Addition of an 5-and 12-ton capacity horizontal units to the line of portable air conditioners by United CoolAir Corp.; Usage of the Camsorb CF44 modular panel assemblies by Camfil...
- Hydroair: the best of both worlds. Reid, James // Contractor Magazine;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p42
Focuses on hydroair systems used to provide heating and air conditioning effects in a building. Advantages of hydroair systems over hydronic-heating only systems used in homes; Construction and working principle of a hydroair system.
- Underground effort reforms City Hall's comfort. // Engineered Systems;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the installation of a geoexchange system at the city hall of Auburn, New York. Advantages of the geoexchange system over conventional heating systems; Challenges in the installation of the pipes of the geothermal system so that it would blend with the landmark building's design.
- Commissioning: getting it right. Ellis, Rebecca Thatcher // Engineered Systems;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the commissioning process in the installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (hvac) systems in buildings. Elements of the commissioning process in building environmental engineering; Details regarding the continuous commissioning process; primary difference between...
- Cooler Heads Prevail. // American Drycleaner (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));May2003, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p16
This article offers information regarding a product brochure offered by Aqua Products Co. Inc. describing how its Hydro-Star Spot-Cooling System can air-condition individual employee workstations affordably in small or large plants. The Hydro-Star system is proven to increase employee...