- Execs vie for fortunes at monopoly tournament. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/12/97, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p13
Reports on Long Island, New York business leaders' participation in the 1997 Monopoly Challenge tournament at the Heckscher Museum of Art. Top winners of the event; Museum board member Bernard Stebel as the event's emcee; Contact information.
- A Fair Way to Launch a Business. O'Brien, George // BusinessWest;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p52
Introduces the Box of Gold, a new form of entertainment and a business success story, created by businessman Robert Labrie in Massachusetts. Design of the game; Advantages of the Box of Gold; Price of the product.
- System Instability, System Risk. Burton, Richard M. // Physician Executive;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p34
Presents guidelines for businessmen to assess risks of problems in the business. Minimization of the risk of destructive change; Importance of strategic planning; Use of game theory and probability forecasting.
- A rare breed. Boler, Stephen // Director (00123242);Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p121
Profiles Stephen Boler, owner of diverse British businesses and founder of South Africa's Tswalu game reserve. Career highlights; Management approach; Passion for conservation; Types of reserve's revenue.
- Jim Lesser. Kooiman, Peter // Entrepreneur;Aug2001, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p18
Features Jim Lesser, founder of the JDL Management company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and the maker of the top arcade games in the world. Start-up capital of Lesser; Details on Lesser's games; His views on technology.
- TOYMAN. Hayes-Rines, Joanne // Inventors' Digest;Jul-Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p21
The article features businessman Bruce Lund and his passion for inventing toys. Information on his Fireball Island board game is presented. The difference of his approach to inventing toys from that of other toy inventors is explained. The article also offers information on the staff of Lund and...
- Lemonade stand. // Finance Week;03/10/2000, p50
Reports on news briefs about business in South Africa as of March 2000. Role of entrepreneurs in boosting economic growth; Increase in the number of Internet users playing games online.
- Game On! Park, James // Entrepreneur;Dec2007 2008 Hot List, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p20
The article reports that Billy Gaines, co-founder of Bpong.com is expecting to double the attendance for the annual World Series of Beer Pong to be held January 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to the author, the game's association of drinking and its fan could lead businesses to suffer...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Salmon, Hugh; Manning, Nick; McDonald, Jill; Franklin-Butler, Tabitha // Campaign;9/19/2008, Issue 37, p20
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "Go to work on an oeuvre" in the September 5, 2008 issue, "Why we need to nurture new business leaders" in the September 2008 issue and "So who were the real winners at the Olympics," by...