Thoughts on the Business of Life
- Oafish behaviour in `The Lady with the Pet Dog'. Stanion, Charles // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer93, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p402
Analyzes the emotional state of Anton Pavlovich's characters in the story `The Lady with the Pet Dog'. Story of a person's character transformation upon falling in love; Dmitry Gurov's metamorphosis; Gurov's affair with Anna.
- Medicine is my lawful wife, and literature is my mistress. Williams, N. // Occupational Medicine;Sep2009, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p368
The article presents an obituary for
- THE ONASSIS FAMILY. Rompalske, Dorothy // Biography;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p90
Relates the history of the Aristotle Socrates Onassis family in Greece. Death of Alexander, son of Aristotle due to a plane crash; Marriage of Aristotle to Jacqueline Kennedy, a second wife; Consideration of Athina Russel, Christina Onassis daughter as a heir of the Onassis family's fortune. ...
- Web site development can be Checkhovian experience. Tedlock, Dave // Inside Tucson Business;04/02/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p17
Presents a conversation which relates Web site development to the plays written by Russian playwright Anton Chekhov. Importance for an organization to develop its own Web site goals and plans; Requirements for an effective Web site committee; Means by which businesses can become an organization...
- The Twentieth Century. Kostiukov, L. // Russian Social Science Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p48
Looks at the connection between the nineteenth century literary writers and their successors in the twentieth century in Russia. Writing style; Themes of their works; Reaction of readers to their novels; Historical contexts of their works; Personality and emotional makeup of the writers;...
- CAST OF CHARACTERS. // Sea Gull;1913, preceding p7
A list of the characters in the play "The Sea Gull," by Anton Chekhov is presented.
- The Sea Gull: ACT I. // Sea Gull;1913, p7
The script of act I of the play "The Sea Gull," by Anton Chekhov is presented.
- The Sea Gull: ACT II. // Sea Gull;1913, p25
The script of act II of the play "The Sea Gull," by Anton Chekhov is presented.
- The Sea Gull: ACT III. // Sea Gull;1913, p37
The script of act III of the play "The Sea Gull," by Anton Chekhov is presented.