Thoughts on the Business of Life
- THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE. // Forbes Asia;7/3/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p72
The article presents several quotes from prominent people about revenge. Malcolm S. Forbes said that getting even will make people feel less than they are. Charles Caleb Colton believes that refusing to pay a debt of revenge make human superior. Francis Bacon emphasized the need to have more...
- Rhetoric as Idea: D.H. Lawrence's Genre Theory. Peters, Joan Douglas // Style;Spring2000, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p36
Presents information on the genre theory of author D.H. Lawrence. Details on the main impetus behind his theory; Discussion on his rhetorical metaphors; Implications of his writings.
- Death of a Porcupine: D. H. Lawrence and his Successors. Fordham, John // Literature & History;Spring2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p56
Indicates that there is a divergent relation between D.H. Lawrence and his successors and this has implications for how Lawrence is read. Olive Moore's essay 'Death of a Porcupine'; Comparison of Lawrence to a porcupine; Implication that Lawrence was a somewhat prickly subject; Post-mortem...
- D.H. Lawrence and the female body. Ellis, David // Essays in Criticism;Apr96, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p136
Discusses D.H. Lawrence's attitude to sexual matters and how this was reflected in two of his writings, `Mr Noon' and `Lady Chatterley's Lover.' Lawrence's friendship with George Neville; Provision of material for Lawrence's `Mr Noon' through Neville's experience of being obliged to acknowledge...
- Alternative Discourse, "On Being Religious," and the Teaching of Writing. Sargent, Elizabeth // D.H. Lawrence Review;Spring2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p90
A prologue to the book "D. H. Lawrence Review" is presented.
- Preface. Templeton, Wayne // States of Estrangement: The Novels of D. H. Lawrence, 1912-1917;1989, p1
A preface to the book "States of Estrangement: The Novels of D. H. Lawrence 1912-1917," by Wayne Templeton is presented.
- Index. // States of Estrangement: The Novels of D. H. Lawrence, 1912-1917;1989, p312
A subject index for the book "States of Estrangement: The Novels of D. H. Lawrence 1912-1917," by Wayne Templeton is presented.
- PSYCHIATRY AND PIETY ON LAWRENCE. Widmer, Kingsley // Studies in the Novel;Summer77, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p195
Discusses books concerning D.H. Lawrence. 'Thought, Words and Creativity. Art and Thought in Lawrence,' by F.R. Leavis; ' The Art and Self in D.H. Lawrence,' by Marguerite Beede Howe.
- THE D.H. LAWRENCE ALL-STAR JAMBOREE. Wolcott, James // Atlantic (02769077);Nov81, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p64
Highlights the D.H. Lawrence All-Star Jamboree, a festival held in Santa Fe, New Mexico, from July 17 to 20, 1980, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of author D.H. Lawrence's death. Celebrities who were featured at the event; Academic discussions of the author's influence on life and...