EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: A rare cause of diuretic refractory ascites
- False Aneurysm of the Posterior Tibial Artery Following Closed Fracture of the Tibia: Magnetic Resonance Diagnosis. Abascal, Faustino; Cerezal, Luis; Canga, Ana; Rodriguez-Altonaga, Jose R.; Gonzalez-Tutor, Andres; Bustamante, Manuel // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p641
Reports on the diagnosis of false aneurysms using magnetic resonance imaging. Case of false aneurysm of the tibial artery; Complication of a tibial fracture; Confirmation posteriorly by magnetic resonance angiography (MRA); Absence of MRA image of false aneurysms of the tibial artery previously...
- MR IMAGING OF PRIMARY, SECONDARY, AND MIXED FORMS OF LYMPHEDEMA. Åström, K. G. O.; Abdsaleh, S.; Brenning, G. C.; Ahlström, K. H. // Acta Radiologica;Jul2001, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p409
Abstract Purpose: To describe the pathological features and assess the diagnostic information of different MR sequences in patients with primary, secondary, and mixed (phlebo-, lipophlebo-, or lipolymphedema) forms of lymphedema of the lower leg. Material and Methods: In 26 patients with...
- Scanning for tumors. Marion, Matt // Men's Health;Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on a modified magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) developed by Princeton University researchers which scans for changes in the concentration of oxygen, a warning sign of early tumor growth. Remarks of lead researcher Dr. Warren S. Warren about the modified MRI.
- MRI Findings Of An Atypical Cystic Meningioma - A Rare Case. Saxena, Deepali; Rout, Pritilata; Pavan, K.V.; Philip, Babu // Internet Journal of Radiology;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
The MRI findings of supratentorial cystic meningioma with a mural nodule are highlighted. These lesions, by virtue of their peripheral location and large cystic component, occasionally mimic gliomas or other intra-axial lesions. Recognition of this entity and keeping it as a differential is...
- Response to the Letter by Drs B. YalÃ§in and S. YalÃ§in. Offidani, Annamaria; Cellini, A.; Valeri, G.; Giovagnoni, A. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;08/11/99, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p407
Presents a reply in the comments on the use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and X-ray findings on the diagnosis of psoriasis. Significance of clinical and radiological follow-up after MRI intervention; Usefulness of periodic evaluation of patients with MRI; Importance of MRI in setting up...
- Kallmann syndrome in an adolescent boy. Jana, Manisha; Kumar, Atin // Pediatric Radiology;Dec2010, Vol. 40, p164
The article focuses on the case of a 16-year-old boy with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and anosmia known as Kallmann syndrome that requires magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and hormonal analysis for clinical diagnosis.
- MR IMAGING IN AMYPATHIC DERMATOMYOSITIS. Lam, W.W.M.; Chan, H.; Chan, Y.L.; Fung, J.W.K.; So, N.M.C.; Metreweli, C. // Acta Radiologica;Jan1999, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p69
Examines the role of Magnetic Resonance (MR) imaging in amypathic dermatomyositis. Demonstration of abnormal signal intensity in muscles on T2 and fat suppression sequences; Potentiality of MR for locating of relevant biopsy site; Use of MR Imaging for demonstrating muscle involvement in...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis: recognition in the hands of general paediatricians. Stonehouse, M.; Gupte, G.; Wassmer, E.; Whitehouse, W.P. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Feb2003, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p122
Discusses the value of a brain magnetic resonance imaging scan in establishing the diagnosis of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Epidemiology; Pathogenesis; Treatment with intravenous methylprednisolone.
- Diagnosis of Lower-Limb Deep Venous Thrombosis: A Prospective Blinded Study of Magnetic Resonance Direct Thrombus Imaging. Fraser, Douglas G.W.; Moody, Alan R.; Morgan, Paul S.; Martel, Anne L.; Davidson, Ian // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/15/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p89
Examines the accuracy of magnetic resonance direct thrombus imaging (MRDTI) for the diagnosis of lower-limb deep venous thrombosis (DVT). Percentage of specificity and sensitivity results; Reproducibility of the interpretation; Indication of the accuracy of the MRDTI in the diagnosis of DVT...