- Debt Purchases Worry N.Y. Community Investors. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;4/23/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 78, p20
New York Community Bancorp Inc.'s balance-sheet maneuvering in the first quarter included an increase of almost 30% in its securities portfolio from the end of last year. That strategy does not sit well with investors concerned about rising interest rates. During its first-quarter earnings...
- N.Y. Community Sells Assets, Not Self. Moyer, Liz; Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/2/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 127, p20
Reports that New York Community Bancorp sold $5 billion of held-for-sale securities. Effects of sale and results of earnings; How the proceeds of the sale will reduce debt; Quotes from chief executive officer Joseph R. Ficalora.
- Progress, But Doubts Linger. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/10/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 89, p1
Reports on skepticism on New York Community Bancorp Inc.'s ability to fund the rapid growth of multifamily mortgages. Confidence in New York Community's ability to generate loans; Shedding of securities by New York Community over the last 10 months in order to protect itself from rising interest...
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: DEBT. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/14/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 43, p55
The article lists planned debt offerings that have been registered with the United States Securities & Exchange Commission in October 2005. Companies that are listed include, Comtech Telecommunications, Medis Technologies, Energy Conversion Devices, Barnes Group and Extra Space Storage.
- By Any Measure, Rates Hurt New York Community. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;4/27/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 80, p20
The article looks at the 2006 first-quarter earnings of New York Community Bancorp Inc. While the company offered three versions of its first-quarter earnings, all were below what it earned in the quarter a year earlier. According to Joseph R. Ficalora, New York Community's chief executive and...
- Profits Tumble 40% at N.Y. Community. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/22/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 140, p20
Reports on the profit losses at New York Community Bancorp Incorporated for the 2004 second-quarter financial report. Restructuring of the balance-sheet related to the sale of securities; Statement that the company concentrates on multifamily loans.
- N.Y. Community CEO Sees Cheap Funds from Aurora. Monks, Matthew // American Banker;4/2/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 50, p2
The article notes New York Community Bancorp thrift institution's deal to assume Aurora Bank FSB's $2.3 billion of deposits. The deal paid New York Community $24 million to take the bank's certificates of deposit and money market accounts which will give the thrift funds that can be used to make...
- STOCKS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/20/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p11A
Several charts are presented that list the top performing and underperforming stocks, shares of the New York Community Bancorp Inc., and the market capitalization of companies including CA Inc., Kimco Realty Corp., and Cablevision Systems Corp.
- NYCB stocks drops, but execs cash in. Reich-Hale, David // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);6/3/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p46A
The article reports on the financial status of the New York Community Bancorp Inc. (NYCB). Shares of NYCB were nearly halved in 2004 after the thrift invested billions of dollars in bonds in a rising interest rate environment. The company's shares have risen 19-fold since 1993. Company Chairman...