Continuing Relief for Victims of Hurricane Katrina
- Flood relief. // Quill;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p7
Discloses that a telethon simultaneously broadcast on all eight Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota-area television stations raised more than $532,000 for long-term relief and recovery from the Minnesota and North Dakota floods. Distribution of telethon proceeds through a coalition of non-profit...
- WPEC. J. B. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p20
Focuses on the efforts of television station WPEC in West Palm Beach, Florida to provide information regarding Hurricane Frances in September 2004. Award given by NAB's Education Foundation to WPEC for its efforts; Remarks from Steve Hunsicker, executive news director of WPEC, regarding his...
- Competition, Southern-style. Bednarski, P.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/5/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 46, p27
Reports the relationship of the television stations in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Production of a special program to help the victims of the World Trade Center disaster; Impact of the terrorism on the television advertising sales; Comments of Freedom Communications general manager Jerry Lingerfelt...
- Georges puts Southern news in eye of storm. Lafayette, Jon; McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p45
Comments on the impact of hurricane Georges on television stations and television coverage on the Gulf Coast of the United States. Loss of air time experienced by some television stations; Views of CNN Chicago Bureau chief, Jeff Flock; Details on hurricane coverage made by WKRG television network.
- Floyd swamps stations. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the flooding of television stations in North Carolina due to Hurricane Floyd. Damage to CBS Inc. affiliate WNCT's roof; Sandbags placed around the transmitters.
- Kinder, gentler pledge drives. E.A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p72
Reports on television station WNET New York's development of fund-raising software. Elimination of duplicate solicitations; Advantages for pledge drives; Installation schedule for 1996; Use of information systems to make programming decisions.
- Bozo rules over Chicago in WGN-TV charity fundraiser. Consoli, John; Farrell, Greg // MediaWeek;05/25/98, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the success of the 1998 Bozo Ball charity fundraiser of the WGN television station held in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of net proceeds raised; Highlights of the event.
- Foothills telethon. Elliott, Robert // Inside Tucson Business;8/26/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p16
Reports on KGUN-TV's plan to air the `Stars Across America Labor Day Telethon' telephone fund raising event starting on September 1, 1996. Event hosts.
- Fire and rescue. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/22/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 22, p90
Cites the coverage and relief services rendered by television (TV) stations during, and in the wake of, the Los Alamos, New Mexico fire. Bickering of TV stations over who didn't give video during coverage of the fire; Relief services in Albuquerque that went beyond critical coverage of the...