- KC-130J: NEW HERCULES FOR THE MARINES. Llinares, Rick // Naval Aviation News;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p30
Discusses information on the KC-130 refueling and transportation aircrafts of the U.S. Marine Corps. Capabilities of the aircraft; Feature of night-vision imaging systems in the aircraft's enhanced models; Process of training for every squadron member in the operation of the aircrafts.
- Pegasus Milestones. // Aviation News;Dec2015, p13
The article reports on the deployment of the drogue system and refuelling boom of the U.S. Air Force Boeing KC-46A Pegasus N462KC military transport aircraft at its flight testing on October 8, 2015.
- Super Hornet highlights. Karppi, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the demonstration of the aerial refueling capability of he Super Hornet over the NAS Patuxent River in Maryland. Amount of fuel that a Super Hornet can carry; Completion of the aircraft's engineering, manufacturing and development test phase.
- France Denies Plan To Buy C-130Js To Fill A400M Helo Refueling Gap. Bruneau, Caroline // Aerospace Daily & Defense Report;4/6/2015, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p2
The article reports that French defense procurement agency DGA has said that the country has no plans to purchase Lockheed Martin C-130Js from the U.S. to replace a capability shortfall in the Airbus A400M tactical airlifter.
- Sistemas de reabastecimiento en vuelo -- tecnologÃas y programas. García, José María Navarro // Tecnologia Militar;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p46
No abstract available.
- Military Aircraft: Information on Air Force Aerial Refueling Tankers: GAO-03-938T. // GAO Reports;6/24/2003, p1
Both the Congress and the Department of Defense are concerned about the age of the U.S. aerial refueling fleet and its potential impact on the military services' ability to meet operational requirements. Aerial refueling provides a key capability that is essential to the mobility of U.S. forces....
- Triton Promises 'PERSISTENT PICTURE' of Maritime Environment. Newman, Jeff // Naval Aviation News;Summer2015, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on the development of MQ-4C Triton aircraft, the Navy's successor to Broad Area Maritime Surveillance-Demonstrator (BAMS-D). The aircraft is the same in appearance to RQ-4 Global Hawk and it started flight testing at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland, in April 2015,...
- Ooh, Look, a Waterspout! Erwin, Scott // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p10
Reports on a waterspout which delayed the flight of military aircraft in the United States. Calculation of the amount of fuel needed for the trip; Monitoring of the refueling while checking the weather; Need to follow regulations.
- Air Force, Boeing, Demonstrate Technology For Automated Refueling of Unmanned Aircraft. // Defense Daily;12/5/2007, Vol. 236 Issue 44, p4
The article reports on the move by the U.S. Air Force and a Boeing-led industry team to conduct a flight test to demonstrate the ability of an unmanned aircraft to maneuver around tanker aircraft safely. The flight test occurred under phase one of the Air Force Research Laboratory-sponsored...