- VOD Shares PPV Burdens But Bears More Promise. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p24
Claims that video-on-demand (VOD) is a more viable business platform than the pay-per-view approach in the U.S. Features of the direct-broadcast satellite services; Estimated revenue by cable operators from VOD purchases from 2003 to 2014; Opinion of several programmers on the viability of a...
- Dollars & Sense: IPTV: The Business Model (Part Ii). Kurtin, Owen D. // VIA Satellite;9/1/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
This article focuses on the components of video on demand (VOD) services. The author discusses the vertical relationship between the satellite VOD provider or operator, distributors down the chain such as other multichannel video programming distributors or end-user subscribers, and up the...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p70
Presents some programming highlights from subscription video-on-demand offerings form several cable networks in the U.S. in June 2004.
- Launch Pad. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p2
The article reports on the premiere of the male-centric voice-on-demand service of Ripe TV on October 28, 2005. Assistance provided by Hearst-Argyle TV is reported. Information on programs and advertisements to be aired are provided.
- First-Run Features. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p22
Presents a listing of upcoming first-run and continuing movies in the video-on-demand window from the major studios that supply products to cable operators in the U.S., such as Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, Metro-Goldwyn Mayer Inc., Walt...
- On-demand's new pitch. Qualters, Rick // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the implications of CableLabs Inc.'s Asset Delivery Interface 2.0 specifications for on-demand content providers, multisystem operators and hardware and software vendors. Role in helping cable operators to integrate new technology into their systems and to promote interoperability...
- SALUTING THE BEST IN DIGITAL, PPV, AND VOD MARKETING. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18A
Presents the Digital Case Study competition on operations and services of cable operators in the United States. Sponsors of the competition; Categories of the competition; Marketing ideas for industry leaders.
- S-A: SVOD Outings Shorter, More Frequent. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p24A
Reports the competition between video-on-demand use and subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) use among cable operators in the United States. Increase the performance of Time Warner Cable network; Prices of the Home Box Office SVOD; Average session duration of SVOD.
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.