INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS
- Conglomeration Versus Strategic Focus: Evidence from the Insurance Industry Berger, Allen N.; Cummins, J. David; Weiss, Mary A.; Hongmin Zi // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;1999, p1
This paper presents evidence on the validity of the strategic focus hypothesis versus the conglomeration hypothesis for financial institutions using data on insurance companies in the United States. The authors differentiate between the hypotheses using profit scope economies that measure the...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: INDUSTRIALS. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the performance of stocks and investments in industries as of February 16, 2004. Global industrials underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger advisers.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/16/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the performance of stocks and investments in the retail industry as of February 16, 2004. Global retail underwriting volume; Top U.S. new issues bookrunners; Announced U.S. target merger advisers.
- Small Firms and the Merger Mania. Aiginger, K.; Tichy, G. // Small Business Economics;Jun1991, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p83
Empirical research has found an average or even superior performance of small firms. This seems to be at variance with the secular concentration process and the recurrent merger waves. This paper tries to integrate size and merger research. Higher profitability of small firms is explained by...
- CITY WATCH. // Contract Journal;8/3/2005, Vol. 429 Issue 6536, p12
Presents information on the share price of the construction firm Hanson in Great Britain as of August 2005. Financial performance of the company; Expectations on the acquisition deals of Hanson; Information on the company's non-executive directors; Status of the stock prices of other contractors.
- Here's a Blues performance that won't get you down. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the business operations and financial performance of the Indianapolis, Indiana-based health care company, Wellpoint Inc. Benefits from its initial public offering in late 2001; Market value of the company and increase in its stock price; Business acquisitions; Market and economic...
- Sims buys US recycler. Skeffington, Robert; Le Mesurier, Kristen; Tandukar, Amita // BRW;6/30/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p80
Reports on the acquisition of the U.S.-based metal recycler, Hugo Neu Corp by Sims Group. Details about the acquisition; Stocks and dividends; Financial performance.
- Sector Strategist. // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2005, Issue 5, Special Section p4
Focuses on the status of infrastructure stocks in Australia as of June 2005. Factors that affect resource stocks; Status of banks and financial institutions; Effects of company mergers on the real property market.
- Options sparse for Finish Line as dubious deal nears close. Andrews, Greg // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p4A
The article analyzes the options of Indianapolis, Indiana-based retailer Finish Line Inc. which has committed to acquire Tennessee-based Genesco Inc., operator of shoe retailer Journeys, Hat World and other mall chains, in June 2007 for $1.5 billion in cash, in light of troubles in the credit...