INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: HEALTHCARE
- Industry news. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Jan2001, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p21
Reports developments related to health care industry in the United States as of January 2001. Acquisition of Morris Area Rehabilitation Association by Benchmark Medical; Joint venture between HealthSouth Corporation and American Stroke Association; Merger between Znetix and TBG Development.
- Healthcare. Wagley, John // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/30/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 42, p28
Presents data on the financial performance of the health care sector in the United States as of October 6, 2000. Share values; Underwriting volume; Industry mergers; New issues managers.
- a new tool for system building. Cali, Bryan; Quinn, Casey // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May2013, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p72
The article discusses hybrid deals, a partnership model between for-profits and not-for-profit entities in the medical care industry in the U.S. which aims to improve healthcare delivery in a way that is mutually accretive. It states that hybrid deals are attractive for nonprofit health systems...
- Justice weighs health plan consolidation. // Employee Benefit News;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p3
Reports on the possible decrease in merger activities among health insurance companies in the U.S. Reason behind the potential decrease; Economic benefits of mergers among insurance companies; Ways for consumers to benefit from competition in the health care market.
- The Harvest to Come. O'Hara, Neil A. // Financial Planning;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p114
Presents an outlook for the market performance of the U.S. healthcare industry in 2005. Details of exposing clients of Marotta Asset Management to various medical plans; Comparison of pharmaceutical stocks with tobacco stocks; Factors which will prompt consolidation in the industry; Use of...
- China: First life insurance company merger completed. // Asia Insurance Review;Jun2011, p39
The article reports that Sino-US United MetLife Insurance Co has successfully completed the merger of its two joint ventures, Sino-US Met Life and United MetLife, in China. It is the first life insurance company merger in China. The newly merged company will use the "MetLife" brand name for all...
- March Results: Been There. Done That. Meakin, Thomas K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/23/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p24
Focuses on stock results of insurance companies in March 2001. Percentage of the loss recorded by the property and casualty insurance sector; Performance of life and health insurance firms; Implications of the bid by Prudential PLC to acquire American General Corp.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: Media/Telecom. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/15/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 15, p22
Presents charts and graph depicting global media and telecommunication underwriting activity. Proceeds of common stock; Companies with acquisition deals; List of corporations with equity deals.
- Private-market payers can get more for their money. Miller, Julie // Managed Healthcare Executive;Nov2010, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the business condition of the healthcare industry in the U.S. It states that consolidation will be prevalent in the sector because of mergers of medical practices with local health systems, and the emergence of accountable care organizations (ACOs) which will bring...