INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- Most Startup Banks Report Robust Growth. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p3
The article reports that most of the newly chartered financial institutions of San Diego, California have done well. From 2000 to 2004, 15 banks were started in San Diego County. That represents 25 percent of all de novo banks farmed in California during that period. Most of the local startups...
- Financial Opening and Financial Security. Ye Fujing // Chinese Journal of International Politics;Dec2007, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p559
The article examines whether direct administrative limitations are placed on international capital and foreign financial institutions. As reported, there are two main aspects of financial openness and one of these refers to the degree of latitude that the financial services industry or the...
- Hunting Some Bigger Game. Holman, Kelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p1
The article focuses on the expansion of RBC Capital Markets Inc. to large-cap companies. The company hopes to win mandates by depending on the balance sheet of its parent company, Royal Bank of Canada. It notes that it has 52 mergers and acquisitions (M&A) banking professionals. It has also make...
- Spate of IPOs Raises Hopes for Issuance. // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 16, p17
The article reports that many companies miss the targeted price range for their initial public offerings (IPOs). It notes that only three out of seven companies got the price they wanted as of April 21, 2010. Underwriters attributed this to the challenges of investors in deal prospectuses....
- M&As won't Work Without Segmentation. Cobb, Russ // Bank Technology News;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p54
The article presents information on mergers and acquisitions with financial institutions across the globe. The top European and Asian institutions are looking to solidify their positions as leaders among the global banks through acquisition activity in both home and foreign markets. Though the...
- Sector Strategist. // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2005, Issue 5, Special Section p4
Focuses on the status of infrastructure stocks in Australia as of June 2005. Factors that affect resource stocks; Status of banks and financial institutions; Effects of company mergers on the real property market.
- Insurance Groups Finally Tie the Knot. Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;11/22/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 47/48, p3595
Reports the merger of the National Association of Independent Insurers and the Alliance of American Insurers. Name of the merged association; Insurance company members of the associations; Officers of the association.
- Why everything won't be the same after the merger. Nadler, Paul S. // Secured Lender;May99, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p34
Focuses on the dramatic changes in banks and financial organizations when mergers are negotiated. Key to winning and keeping customers; Reason why mergers and acquisitions lead to so many horror stories; Things the public want from a financial institution; Conclusion.
- Diagnosis merger. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;1/18/2007, p28
The author reflects on the downside of increasing merger and acquisition activity in Great Britain. He expresses doubt on the prevailing activity fearing that most of corporate Britain is falling into the hands of foreign entities as a result of the activity. Moreover, he stresses that mergers...