INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A
- Part Three: Finance, Accountancy and Taxation: Mergers and Acquisitions: Legal Aspects. // Doing Business with Lithuania;2003, p178
The article discusses the legal aspects of merger and acquisition transactions that involve public or private stock companies in Lithuania. The investment banks involved in such transaction prepare an information memorandum about the target company. Under the Civil Code, a company may be...
- Retail Metamorphosis. DeGross, Renée // Retail Traffic;May2005, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the merger and acquisitions of retail trade and industries in the U.S. Benefits of partnerships with real estate investment trusts for Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.; Advantages of merger and acquisitions for retail industries; Citation to Apollo Advisors LP by industry sources as...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M & A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/10/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 38, p21
Presents graphs and charts depicting trends in the merger and acquisition market as of October 3, 2005. Monthly global merger and acquisition volume; Global target volume by selected industry; European target volume of selected industry; U.S. target volume by selected industry.
- Deals. // CableFAX Daily;10/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 200, p2
Talks about consolidation and merger of corporations. Acquisition of IFILM by MTV Nets; Decision of Galaxy Cable to sell its Galaxy Cablevision system; Deal between Rainbow HD and Tangerine Global.
- Thomson Financial Securities Data. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;07/24/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p7
Presents several public mergers, greater than $50 million, in the United States as of July 24, 2000.
- Middle Market M&A Fights to Stay Even. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/20/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 40, p14
Focuses on the increase of the number of global $1 billion and more mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in 2003. Comparison with the numbers in 2002; Occurrence of the increase despite the decline in overall M&A; Decline in the value of the announced deals in overall M&A market; Momentum gained by...
- In New York. Haddock, Fiona // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on corporate mergers and acquisitions (M&A) around the world in 1999. Reason for the M&A ebulition; Sectors that have responded to the M&A hype; Signs that indicate the emergence of M&A.
- DIFFERENCES IN FINANCIAL CHARACTERISTICS BETWEEN CONGLOMERATE MERGERS AND HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL MERGERS. Melicher, Ronald W.; Hempel, George H. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Autumn71, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p61
Examines whether certain financial and other related characteristics were different between conglomerate mergers and horizontal or vertical mergers. Characteristics of merger groups; Role in operating synergy or financial synergy.
- MERGER MOTIVES: CONGLOMERATES VERSUS CONGENERICS. Morgan, Robert G. // Nebraska Journal of Economics & Business;Winter77, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p47
Explores the merger motives of conglomerates and congenetics. Brief history of the merger activity in the U.S.; Significance of the results; Conclusion.