- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/22/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 33, p17
This section presents information on the most recent 100 initial public offerings in the U.S., as of August 22, 2005. For the week ended August 17, the index closed at 1758%. The best performer was China Medical Technologies up $4.60 to close at $20.80. The worst performer was Baidu.com Inc....
- The Clustering of IPO Gross Spreads: International Evidence. Torstila, Sami // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p673
Patterns of clustering in IPO gross spreads can be identified not only in the U.S., but also in many other markets across the world. The evidence indicates, however, that these clustering patterns are not necessarily collusive. Clustering is widespread in many countries with low gross spreads....
- Is Underwriter Retention of IPO Shares a Good Substitute for Underwriting Spreads? Anlin Chen; Yu Ting Urania Huang; Lanfeng Kao; Cheng Shou Lu // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p19
In Taiwan, underwriters are required to retain at least 10 percent but no more than 25 percent of underwritten initial public offering (IPO) shares and sell the remainder to the public. We find that IPO underpricing causes underwriters to retain more shares to earn capital gains on retained...
- IPOS IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/22/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 33, p16
This section presents information on several initial public offerings in the U.S., including information on location, number of shares, offer price and current treat, as of August 22, 2005.
- Odimo Has IPO. Bates, Rob // JCK;Apr2005, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the initial public offering of Odimo.COM, a jewelry website in the U.S. Amount raised by the company; Profile and financial position of the company; Less amount netted by the company from the offering compared to its rival site.
- Out of Stock. Pellet, Jennifer // Entrepreneur;Mar2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p65
Considers the idea of going private after an unsuccessful public offering. Examples of companies that have gone from public to private; Conditions that should be met before considering to go private; Reminders regarding the buyout process.
- Depositary Receipts Set Record For IPOs. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Feb2007, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p60
The article reports on the implication of initial public offerings as depositary receipts in the U.S. The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) took several actions including the revised rule on foreign issuer to non issuers. The SEC voted to propose again the amendments regarding to foreign...
- Political Uncertainty and the Market for IPOs. Kesten, Jay B.; Mungan, Murat C. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter2016, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p431
The article discusses how the political uncertainty affects financial market. Topics discussed include unprecedented downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt in 2011 due to the uncertainty; market for initial public offering (IPO) under conditions of political uncertainty; IPOs conducted during periods...
- Corporate Control, Restructuring, and Firm Performance in China. Xiang Cai; Chao Chen // Chinese Economy;May/Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p67
For most companies in China, especially privately owned enterprises, going public to raise external funds is very difficult. Therefore, entering the capital market through corporate control of a publicly listed firm provides a plausible channel for private firms to raise funds externally. The...