IPOS IN THE U.S
- The IPO 100. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/22/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 33, p17
This section presents information on the most recent 100 initial public offerings in the U.S., as of August 22, 2005. For the week ended August 17, the index closed at 1758%. The best performer was China Medical Technologies up $4.60 to close at $20.80. The worst performer was Baidu.com Inc....
- AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/22/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 33, p18
This section presents information on the performance of recent initial public offerings in the U.S., including a graph showing performance of Baidu.com Inc. and Odimo Inc., as of August 22, 2005.
- The Clustering of IPO Gross Spreads: International Evidence. Torstila, Sami // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p673
Patterns of clustering in IPO gross spreads can be identified not only in the U.S., but also in many other markets across the world. The evidence indicates, however, that these clustering patterns are not necessarily collusive. Clustering is widespread in many countries with low gross spreads....
- Is Underwriter Retention of IPO Shares a Good Substitute for Underwriting Spreads? Anlin Chen; Yu Ting Urania Huang; Lanfeng Kao; Cheng Shou Lu // Emerging Markets Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p19
In Taiwan, underwriters are required to retain at least 10 percent but no more than 25 percent of underwritten initial public offering (IPO) shares and sell the remainder to the public. We find that IPO underpricing causes underwriters to retain more shares to earn capital gains on retained...
- An empirical analysis of initial public offering (IPO) price performance in the United States. Smith, Zachary A. // Journal of Finance & Accountancy;Feb2013, Vol. 12, p134
For decades, researchers have disagreed about the magnitude and predictability of abnormal securities' price performance generated by initial public offerings (IPOs). The purpose of this study was to identify the best specified and most powerful method of abnormal performance detection and to...
- IPO Proceeds Most Since '00. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/11/2013, pA01
9 U.S. initial public offerings have raised $50.8 bil so far this year, including
- All Initial Public Offerings (IPO's) Are Not Created Equal. Congsheng Wu // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Spring2005, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p19
This study examines the relation between the offer price adjustment, initial return, and subsequent short-run performance for a sample of initial public offerings (IPO's) made by US industrial companies from 1986 to 1996. The IPO's are divided into three categories (cold, cool, and hot issues)...
- IPOS IN THE U.S. // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/30/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 21, p17
The article presents statistical data related to some of the major initial public offerings in the U.S. Information is provided on the dates of offering and their prices.
- NYSE rebels gain ground in IPO push. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;1/31/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
This article reports that an initial public offering for the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) aims to boost stock exchanges' seat prices. A pair of investors is snapping up seats and is using its newfound leverage to prod the NYSE to do something it has never done in its 213-year history-sell its...