- Expedia Earnings, Revenue Top Views On Hotel Bookings. DOUG TSURUOKA // Investors Business Daily;2/ 7/2014, pA01
The article discusses financial performance of online travel agency Expedia. It is noted that announcement of fourth-quarter earnings and revenue of the firm resulted into stock price growth of the firm. Topics discussed include increase in earnings, change in revenue and competitive position of...
- Hotels Boost Expedia's Q4. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/ 7/2014, pA01
3 The online travel booking site's Q4 EPS climbed 46% to 92 cents, beating views by 6 cents. Revenue rose 18% to $1.15 bil, above views for $1.14 bil as hotel room nights rose 25%.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;6/5/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 109, p6
This article reveals that BioSpecifics Technologies Corp. of Lynbrook, New York has sold 100,000 unregistered shares of its common stock to an investment group. Each common stock was priced at $13 per share. $1.3 million is the aggregate proceeds of the company's financing deal.
- Brown Says Spin-offs Provide Ample Opportunities. // Texas Magazine;Spring/Summer2007, p6
The article deals with a study conducted by finance professor Keith Brown which focused on purchasing spin-off shares. The study shows that stock prices are usually lower after a company goes public due to investors' dumping spinoffs that failed to meet portfolio criteria but are perfectly...
- Stella parent's shares dive. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/25/2008, Issue 2801, p2
The article reports on the impact of the share downfall of Australian investment firm MFS Ltd. on its travel and hospitality arm, Stella Group Ltd., in Great Britain. Analysts predict that the shares dive will force MFS to dispose Stella hotel, tour operator and travel agency business for a...
- Lanxess Prepares for Spinoff. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/6/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 19, p6
This article reports that Bayer Corp. will spin off its chemicals operation Lanxess Corp. on the stock market early next year in the hope that the move will both boost its own market capitalization and provide the basis for a reasonable share price of the new company. However, analysts are...
- LIBERTY SPINOFF FLAT. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;6/9/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 46, p5
Reports on the effect of the Liberty Media Intl. Inc. (LMI) spinoff on the parent company's share price. Move of Liberty to spin off stock vehicle in the form of new financial holding company LMI; Receipt of one share of LMI. for every 20 shares of Liberty Media by shareholders; Plans of LMI to...
- Prospects of a sale help lift several local issues in Oct. Arndorfer, James B. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p24
Reports the impact of spin offs on stock prices of several companies in Chicago, Illinois. Accounts of the survey conducted by CNet Investor on the stock price performance; Increase of stocks of Galileo International Inc.; Details of the share price of Wisconsin Central Transportation Corp. on...
- Expedia acquisition. // Travel Daily;3/13/2013, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of the majority stake in Trivago, an internet hotel search engine based in Germany, by online travel group Expedia Inc.