- Cable Attracting New Money. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p26
The article reports that some new players are beginning to invest heavily in cable television companies in the U.S., according to May 15, 2007 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Charts showing cable television stocks purchased and sold by institutional mutual funds in the first...
- WEEK OF OCT. 24-30. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p8
Presents market indexes of cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 3, 2003 Performance of the stocks of Clear Channel; Stocks of Comcast Corp.
- THE B&C. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 24, p8
Presents statistical data on the stock performance of broadcasting and cable companies in the U.S. from June 3 to 9, 2005.
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.