INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs
- First Islamic announces $70.5m record results for 2004. // Middle East;Apr2005, Issue 355, p45
The article informs that First Islamic Investment Bank BSC, a leading Bahrain-based investment bank, has announced the bank generated a net income of $70.5m for the year ended 31 December 2004, which represents a 57% increase over the $44.8m achieved in 2003.
- Sunset clause Busy executives in 'productive discussions'. Mantshantsha, Sikonathi // Finweek;6/18/2009, p35
The article focuses on the financial performance of consortium companies Batho Bonke and Mvelaphanda Group Ltd. in South Africa. According to the article, the companies have the chance to secure R1.6 billion funding since 2004. It notes that Batho Barke entered into a transaction to purchase 10%...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: REAL ESTATE. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 29, p50
This section presents statistical data related to investment banking in the U.S. real estate market. Some of the companies for which data is presented are: Citigroup; BofA Securities; Wachovia; JP Morgan Chose; Deutsche Bank; Morgan Stanley; Friedman Billings Group and Goldman Sach.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: RETAIL. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/25/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 29, p52
This section presents statistical data related to investment banking in the U.S. retail trade sector. Some of the companies for which data is presented are: Lehman Brothers; Citigroup; Goldman Sachs; JP Morgan Chase; Deutsche Bank; Duff and Phelps; Morgon Stanley and Peter J. Solomon.
- IN MARKET US Syndicated Loans (7/21/04 - 7/28/04). // Bank Loan Report;8/2/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p7
Presents a chart depicting in market syndicated loan transactions of several companies in the U.S. from July 21 to 28, 2004.
- SVB Financial Will Shut Down Alliant. Cole, Jim // American Banker;7/20/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 139, p20
The article states that SVB Financial Group will shut down its money-losing investment banking unit, SVB Alliant. The article states that investors have pressured SVB to close the unit, which has been losing money since 2003. Kenneth Wilcox, SVB's president and chief executive officer, said SVB...
- The Role of Underwriter-Investor Relationships in the IPO Process. Binay, Murat M.; Gatchev, Vladimir A.; Pirinsky, Christo A. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p785
The paper examines the distribution by underwriters of shares in companies engaging in initial public offerings (IPOs). Not infrequently the demand for shares exceeds the number available, so underwriters must perform rationing. Who gets shares? The authors show that underwriters tend to favor...
- Key banks on the book. // Business Journal (Central New York);2/3/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p31
The article presents information on KeyBank which provides financial services for individuals, businesses and nonprofit organizations. The company provides a wide range of services including investment management, retail, commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products and...
- M&A in '06: As Strong Or Stronger than 2005. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/19/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 48, p24
The article focuses on the recent merger and acquisition activity in the U.S. The merger and acquisition activity is likely to continue in full swing in 2006. However, their are no indications of any reduction in the fees charged by investment banks that broker these deals. At the same time,...