- PDF in a Flash. // BRW;4/28/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p81
Reports on Adobe Systems' acquisition of Macromedia.
- Adobe Acquires Macromedia for $3.4B. Roszkiewicz, Ron // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;4/20/2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the acquisition of Macromedia Inc. by Adobe Systems Inc. Adobe Systems Inc. announced that it is acquiring Macromedia for $3.4 billion in stock. The announcement sent Adobe's stock price down around 10% and Macromedia's price up nearly 10% in early trading. Without going...
- Adobe acquires Macromedia. ROTIBI, BOLA // KM World;Jun2005, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports on Adobe's definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia in an all-stock transaction. Value of the transaction; Comments of Bruce Chizen, Adobe chief executive officer, on customers' requirements for integrated software solutions; Ownership of Macromedia stockholders on a pro-forma basis.
- Adobe Takes Aim at Microsoft. Pruitt, Scarlet; Williams, Martyn; Cowley, Stacy // InfoWorld;4/25/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p18
This article reports on a decision by Adobe Systems to acquire Macromedia to put its operations in contention with Microsoft, as of April 2005. The deal marries the ubiquitous PDF and Acrobat Reader software of Adobe with the Flash products of Macromedia for creating media content. Adobe will...
- Paper and E-Paper. Abram, Stephen // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p21
Presents the author's views on the use of electronic paper or e-paper. Speculations on the merger between Adobe and Macromedia; Definition of e-paper from the Wikipedia; Forecasts on the use of e-paper and e-ink technologies.
- Adobe Swallows Macromedia. McFarland, David Sawyer // Macworld;Jul2005, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p16
This article features the 2005 plan of the software company Adobe to acquire Macromedia. If all goes according to plan, Macromedia will be no more and Adobe will own not only its own stable of graphic-design applications, but also a barrel full of complementary and competitive programs. The $3.4...
- suite deal. Hoxsey, Rich // Print;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p98
The article focuses on the acquisition of Macromedia by Adobe in October 2005. The acquisition offered opportunity for Adobe to develop a cross-media graphics package that can output documents to every available platform. Macromedia develops computer programs which are beneficial to graphic...
- Educated guesses. Lundquist, Eric // eWeek;4/25/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p26
The article presents the author's opinions on acquisitions, executive exits, and speculation in the field of information technology. I am in Tokyo for a round of meetings with several groups of Japanese high-technology vendors. While I'm over in Japan, here is what I expect to be reading about...
- Adobe / Macromedia: strategically positioned for content riches. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the definitive agreement of Adobe Systems Inc. to acquire Macromedia Inc. in an all-stock transaction. The move is perceived to be a clear strategy of Adobe to position in the document content market. The friendly acquisition is seen as a complementary fit for both...