TOP 25 ATHLETIC APPAREL RETAILERS
- RULES OF THE GAME. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p22
Provides information on companies included in the 2004 "SGB" Retail Top 100 in the U.S. Wal-Mart; Dick's Sporting Goods; Bass Pro Shops; Foot Locker; Cabela's. INSETS: IPOS, ACQUISITIONS AND BANKRUPTCIES CONTINUE TO SHAPE THE MARKET;OUTDOOR RETAILERS WEIGH THE IMPACT OF VENDOR ACQUISITIONS.
- RETAIL POWER 50. Abel, Katie; Baran, Michelle; Carofano, Jennifer; DeMazza, Matt; Niemi, Wayne; Owens, Jennifer; Russak, Brian; Sargent, Lydia; Schneider-Levy, Barbara; Weilheimer, Neil; Zmuda, Natalie // FN: Footwear News;4/11/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 15, p13
Presents the 50 most influential footwear retailers in the U.S. for the year 2005. Foot Locker; Wal-Mart; Nordstrom; Famous Footwear; Fred Segal Feet.
- FINANCIALS. // DSN Retailing Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p4
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of May 2004. Financial performance of Foot Locker; Escalation of the annual sales of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.; Global expansion strategy of the business enterprises.
- PERMITS. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p46
A list of residential and commercial permits awarded for Jefferson Parish in Louisiana. The information contains type of renovation, job location, cost and owners and was provided by the Treen Permit Report as of October 12, 2006. These include the building owned by Metairie Bank, Wal-Mart Inc....
- Woolworth attempts to quash plans to spin off specialty stores. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p8
Reports that the management team at Woolworth Corp. has opposed a shareholder proposal to spin off its Foot Locker and Champs Sports units. Shareholders' intention to increase the market value of the divisions. Sale of the company's 50 percent interest in New Yorker Sud Jeans and Sportwear GmbH.
- Making room for Uncle Sam. Swain, Peter G. // Business Quarterly;Autumn94, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p46
Focuses on the impact of the entry of Wal-Mart into Canada's retail trade. Financial figures on Wal-Mart; Vulnerability of the discount store sector; Wal-Mart method; Sam Walton's rules for doing business; Special challenges for Wal-Mart; Increase in pressure on manufacturers; Change in...
- Wal-Mart boosts global commitment; Intl. division pulls in top new execs. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p3
Reports on additional executive appointments by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. to improve its global operations. Appointment of Carlos Criado-Perez as senior vice president and as replacement for John Lupo; Election of Roland Hernandez to the board of directors; Lupo's achievements for the firm.
- Wal-Mart's Market Entry into Germany from an Intercultural Perspective. Berggoetz, Reinhart; Laue, Martin // European Retail Digest;Jun2002, Issue 34, p6
Deals with the entry of Wal-Mart Inc. into the German retail market at the end of 1997. Financial significance; Information on the retailer's corporate culture; Background on Wal-Mart's founder, Sam Walton.
- Wal-Mart maps plans for holders. Owens, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/8/1998, Vol. 175 Issue 108, p5
Provides information on the overseas expansion plans of Wal-Mart Stores. Sales of Wal-Mart for the first quarter of 1998; Discussion on the domestic and international expansion of the company; Details on the plans of the company for 1999.