- Hold the Fries, Please. Pavgi, Kedar // Government Executive;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p9
The article offers information on the closure of deep fat fryers in the U.S. Agriculture Department's cafeterias, to improve the healthfulness of food available for the employees. It states that Dietary Guidelines for Americans, suggest eating healthier food by reducing sodium and fat intake and...
- Lowfat claims. Swientek, Bob // Prepared Foods;Jan94, Vol. 163 Issue 1, p11
Editorial. Reports on the increased fats and oils consumption in the United States in 1993. Declining consumption of low-fat foods; Result of a 1993 study showing that consumers are tired of focusing on diet and health issues.
- Study Examines College Dining Habits. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;4/27/2012, p3
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by the Mintel Organization which investigated dining habits in college campuses. Findings showed that 72% of college students who have dined on a college campus have done so in the cafeteria, whereas 65% who have done so at a cafe,...
- At Ameritech Center: Flat-Top Servers Add Flexibility. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p1
Provides information on the flat-top servers used at Alexander's Cafe at the Ameritech Center, Hoffman Estates, Illinois. Layout of the cooking stations; Electric outlets for the flat-top servers; Benefits of the concept on the cafeteria image.
- Food capsule: where lowfat's making menu gains. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p8
Presents information on the percentage of food service operators offering low-fat foods in their menus.
- Consumer acceptance of lower fat foods. Macaskill, Lesley; Paul, Alison // Journal of Nutrition Education;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p410
Studies the level of acceptance of lower fat food substitutions among families with higher fat eating patterns. Success of supermarket nutrition interventions in changing consumer nutrition knowledge and attitudes; Willingness to purchase new lower fat foods in the future; Relationship between...
- downloads. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;06/05/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p24
Presents news update about snack or food in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Sales performance of fat-free products; Statistics on the number of drivers snacking while driving since 1992; Result of a survey on the schedule of snacking in various states.
- DIET TRICKS that are total bull. // Dolly;Feb2006, Issue 424, p110
The article reveals the facts behind various diet and nutrition myths. It is revealed that food companies often replace the fat in foods that are labeled as low fat with carbohydrates. The physiological impact of reducing the amount of food intake on the body is described. The potential problem...
- UNCOMMON GROUNDS. Nunlist, Thomas // Cincinnati Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p62
The article reviews several coffeehouses in Cincinnati, Ohio including Luckman Coffee, Sitwells Coffeehouse and Coffee Emporium.