- CABLE TV SYSTEMS. // Business News New Jersey;2000 Book of Lists, Vol. 13 Issue 27, p30
Lists the cable TV systems in New Jersey, ranked by number of homes wired in 1999. Comcast Cable; Cablevision Systems; Adelphia Cable Communications.
- POSITIVE CASH FLOW. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;7/29/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 39, p6
Reports the growth in the stock shares of Cablevision Systems in the U.S. Effects of financial scandals on company stocks; Details on the capital spending plans of Cablevision; List of the subsidiaries of the company.
- Cablevision shares continue to lag following rollout delay. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/09/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p22A
Reports the stock performance of Cablevision Systems Corp. in Long Island, New York. Approval of stockholders for the issuance of the Rainbow Media tracking stock; Reason for the delay in the roll-out of digital set-top boxes; Business operation of the firm.
- VOOM LOWERS BOOM. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;10/27/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the decline in Cablevision System Corp.'s share price after it decided to mortgage its cable television assets in order to pay for its Voom high-definition venture in the U.S. Reactions of Cablevision investors to the decision; Criticism of the company's failure to protect...
- WHAT'S A RAINBOW WORTH? Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);8/19/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the move of Cablevision Systems to reintegrate its Rainbow Media Group tracking stock. Cable television networks under Rainbow; Price of the stock.
- Cablevision 'Guides' Street Downward on Digital Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the failure of Cablevision Systems Corp. to achieve digital-cable subscriber targets in Long Island, New York. Problems faced by the digital product Interactive Optimum; Effect of the shortfall on the stocks of Cablevision; Reduction of capital expenditures.
- Cablevision shows competitive spirit. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;9/17/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 75, p1
Reports on the consideration of Cablevision to sell the flagship cable franchise to fellow New York area cabler AOL Time Warner. Effect of the announcement on company stocks; Reaction of analysts to the news; Plans of monetizing some company assets.
- Cablevision shares jump on talk of acquisition. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/17/2002, Vol. 375 Issue 11, p12
Reports on an increase in the stock price of U.S.-based cable operator Cablevision Systems Corp. Possible acquisition of the company by other media firms led to the increase; Closing price of the stock at U.S. stock exchanges; Reaction of analysts regarding acquisition of the company.
- AFTER VOOM, A BOOM. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;1/24/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the growth in the shares of Cablevision Systems Corp. in the stock market after it announces its plans to shutter the money-losing Voom service in the U.S. Value of the stock of the company; Plan of Time Warner to acquire the company; Intention of the company to look for strategic...