- Original cable series try to make the grade. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p6
Compares the ratings of several original cable series in the U.S. Role of serials in the growth of cable networks; Focus on the serials 'The Osbournes' on MTV and 'The Shield' on FX; Statistics depicting ratings of the serials.
- Now for some original ideas. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p35
Focuses on the plans of cable networks to concentrate on scripted drama series in the United States. Impact of drama series on television ratings; Comparison between the costs of drama series and non-scripted shows; Details on the all original series to be launched by cable networks.
- HIT and RERUN. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;7/25/2003, Issue 720, p40
Deals with the popularity of cable television series reruns in the U.S.
- Cartoon Plans More Originals. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the plans of cable television network company Cartoon Network to produce more programs. Programs to be launched by the company; Amount to be earned from advertisements by the company.
- Spreading the Event Wealth. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p6
The article highlights the celebration of cable networks in New York on returning series "Onion News Network" and "Psych."
- A&E PACKS 'WOLFE' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;06/22/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 14, p2
Reports on Arts & Entertainment Network's (A&E) second United States-based series. Actors contracted to star in the telepic `Nero Wolfe'; Commitment to Sidney Lumet's `100 Centre Street'.
- LOGO SETS FOUR NEW SERIES FOR 2010 SEASON. // Quest: Wisconsin's Gay News Leader;1/21/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the appealing line up of original programming of Logo, a gay cable channel on its acquisition of new series and new episodes of original series including "Beautiful People," "Exes and Ohs" and the "Real Momentum," as they celebrate their fifth year anniversary.
- Quality dramas come at a price. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/27/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 60, pA1
Reports on the state of scripted original dramas in cable television in the United States. Forecast on 'Ramparts' from FX; Success of Lifetime in drama originals; Cost of scripted original series.
- Hourlong dramas can weigh heavy on nets' balance sheet. // Daily Variety;11/27/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 60, pA4
Reports on the cost of producing hourlong television drama series for cable networks in the United States. Shows succeeding in the genre; Expensiveness of scripted original series; Factors causing the levelling off of the volume of original series in 2000-2001.