- Author Index. // International Journal of Obesity;May2011 Supplement, Vol. 35, pS63
An author index for the 2011 of "International Journal of Obesity" is presented.
- Index. // Fast Facts: Obesity;2009, p142
A subject index for the book "Fast Facts: Obesity" is presented.
- Trade Name Index. // Bariatric Times;Aug2012, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p25
A subject index for the August 2012 issue of "Bariatric Times" is presented.
- Don't worry, be happy? Sharma, Arya // Active Living;Jan2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
An excerpt from the January 3, 2013 issue of "Obesity Notes" by Dr. Arya Sharma is presented.
- IS MI BOGUS? // Shape;Aug2012, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p82
This article suggests that body mass index (BMI), which has been used to determine body fat percentage, may not be credible because it both over and underestimated obesity by failing to account for muscle mass, waist circumference, and other factors.
- Lower BMI for women. // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on a presentation which professor Helena Teede gave at the 16th Australasian Menopause Society Congress in Melbourne, Australia in October of 2012 and in which she suggested that women, particularly those aged 55 and older, should have a body mass index of less than 22 to...
- The Glycemic Index: An Overlooked Advantage. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2003, Issue 85, p12
Just one glance at the abundance of nutrition information on food packages is enough to overload your brain, but one important statistic is not listed: the glycemic index. Simply put, the glycemic index of food is a measure of a particular food's effect on blood glucose levels. Carbohydrate...
- Prevalence of asthma related to BMI in adolescents in Tehran, Iran, 2004�2005. Bidad, Katayoon; Anari, Shahab; Aghamohammadi, Asghar; Pourpak, Zahra; Moayeri, Heshmat // European Journal of Pediatrics;May2007, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p453
Both asthma and obesity have become more common in affluent societies during the recent decades, and several studies have shown a correlation between the presence of asthma and obesity.
- Correction: Weight Science: Evaluating the evidence for a paradigm shift. // Nutrition Journal;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p69
A correction to the article "Evaluating the evidence for a paradigm shift," by L. Bacon, and L. Aphramor, that was published in a 2011 issue, is presented.