- events/courses. // Image Technology;Apr2002, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p6
The article presents events and courses offered by British Kinematograph, Sound & television Society for 2002. This includes the "BKSTS Film Foundation Course," starting on March 26, 2002 and will run for 9 weeks, the "Foundation Course in Sound Recording and Audio Post Production," in late...
- Editorial. de Vries, Marc J. // International Journal of Technology & Design Education;Oct2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p173
This article pays tribute to John Eggleston, professor of the University of Warwick, after his recent death. Eggleston, reportedly, was a strong supporter of the journal "International Journal of Technology and Design Education" and an active member of its Editorial Board.
- Executive Directions. Bray, Janet B. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Mar2005, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p4
The article advices on career prospects. Unfortunately, the job's challenges can sometimes leave one questioning why he/she is so passionate. The journal "Association for Career and Technical Education" understands these challenges and is working hard with its members to overcome or alleviate...
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS: BALANCING ELECTRICAL SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Rose, Mary Annette // Technology Teacher;May/Jun2006, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p6
The article presents information on the emergency preparedness to reduce the potential loss, discomfort, and costs associated with natural disasters. At the personal level, emergency preparedness is inherently linked to one's technological literacy. The natural disasters offer a sharp reminder...
- Editor's Note. Emeagwali, N. Susan // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Myra Helphinstine and colleagues on Kentucky's strengthening its career and technical education programs and another by Gene Bottoms on an integrated curriculum and the challenges facing by the U.S. states,...
- more than fun. // Tech Directions;Nov2006, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p36
Several quizzes concerning technical education is presented.
- Sally's helpline. Drury, Sally // Horticulture Week;10/24/2008, p34
The article provides an answer to a question regarding bolstering ones professional qualifications without returning to full-time education.
- Mentoring: Forging New Links onto the Chain. Welty, Kenneth // Technology Teacher;Sep2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p10
Elaborates on the need for the technology education community to forge new links of human potential onto the chain of ideas and people that constitute their discipline. Application of the concept of mentoring; Call for technology teachers to take a proactive role in identifying human resources.
- Editor's Note. Aragon, Steven R. // Career & Technical Education Research;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p87
The article reports on developments about the "Career and Technical Education" (CTER) periodical in the U.S. The 2005 CTER conference, which was held in Kansas City, featured 27 quality research presentations. The Association for Career and Technical Education acknowledges Joe Kotrlik from...