Comcast Free On Demand Programming
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.
- Leg Up for NFL Network. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p14
Reports that the National Football League (NFL) has secured a digital basic carriage deal with multisystem operator (MSO) Comcast Corp. for its NFL Network. Number of digital cable subscribers of Comcast Corp.; Information on some of the video-on-demand offerings that will be made available to...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Sportskool Leaps A Big Hurdle. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p51
Focuses on the successful launch of sportskool, a sports instructional cable television network in the U.S., from Comcast Corp. Number of video-on-demand homes where the network is available; Comparison of sportskool's launch with its sister network Mag Rack which was launched without a Comcast...
- VOD. // CableFAX Daily;10/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 209, p3
Focuses on the additional motion pictures to be made available by Comcast to its video-on-demand service in the U.S.
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- Comcast's NBC news... Cox's sixth ESPN HD market... TWC Ohio does DVR... Insight VOD plays in Peoria... Microsoft's IPG... Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p11
Presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Improvements in the video-on-demand service of Comcast; Plans of Cox Northern Virginia for the launch of the ESPN high-definition sports channel; Information on the video-on-demand service launched by Insight...
- Comcast Pitches VOD's Advantages. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p4
This article reports on the upfront presentation of Comcast which was devoted exclusively to promote video-on-demand (VOD) technology as of April 2006. The event served as a calming agent for clients who are concerned about the uncertainties of the U.S. media market. Steve Burke, COO of Comcast,...
- VOD's Cheerleader in Chief. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p40
Focuses on the views of Comcast Corp. chairman and CEO Brian Roberts on video-on-demand (VOD). Significance of VOD to the competition between cable providers and direct-broadcast satellite providers; Advantage of VOD for cable subscribers; Plans of Comcast to launch a preschool network for children.