HDTV IN DECEMBER
- Sly Fox Changes Stripes. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the disdain of Fox television network for high-definition television (HDTV). Market of the network's 480 progressive-scan Fox Widescreen format as high resolution; Prime-time television programs and series to premier in HDTV in the network.
- Fox Says Yes to High-Def. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/30/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 26, p14
The Fox Network plans to offer 50% of its prime time programming in high definition (HD) television once it builds out its network operations to handle 720p. That's expected to be completed around January 1, 2004. A lack of viewers coupled with the high cost of outfitting stations for...
- What's on HDTV. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Nov2005, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p82
This section presents a list of prime time high definition television programs of various broadcasting networks in the U.S. for the week ending November 13, 2005
- DirecTV To Add HD Channels From 14 Markets. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/8/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the decision of DirecTV to add local high definition (HD) programming from 14 additional markets later in 2006. This will bring the company's local HD market total to 50 major metropolitan areas, representing 65 percent of all U.S. TV households. Primetime programming and...
- The High Def evolution is ready to walk upright. Kerschbaumer, Ken // TVB Europe;Sep2003, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the evolution of high definition television (HDTV) in the U.S. and Europe. Launch of HDTV services among the cable networks; Introduction of HD tier by DirecTV; Improvement of the prime time programming.
- Life on the shelf for HDTV content. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p17
Reports on high-definition television (HDTV) advocates' admission that broadcasters have lost interest in producing HDTV versions of most network programs. Factors that hinder the growth of HDTV, according to Conrad Denke, president of American production Services; Plans of ABC to use HDTV...
- HDTV innovations at NAB. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p28
Focuses on the growing popularity of high-definition television (HDTV). Companies that broadcast HDTV programming; Introduction of the 24p format for HDTV; Projected market for HDTV.
- If we build it, they will come. // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p10
Comments on television broadcasting services delivered via high definition television.
- Will HDTV be must-see? Eisenberg, Daniel; Hamilton, Anita; Krantz, Michael; Morse, Jodie; Orecklin, Michele; Sanders, Alain L.; Tashiro, Hiroko; Veitch, Susan // Time;4/13/1998, Vol. 151 Issue 14, p41
Reports the news that both the ABC and CBS television networks will launch high-definition television programming in November 1998. The agreement to use competing standards.