- First-Run VOD. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p88
Presents a list of first-run and continuing movies in the video-on-demand window from major studies that supply product to cable operators in the U.S.
- Latin America--at a glance. Besas, Peter // Variety;3/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 8, p52
Provides an overview of Latin American countries with respect to United States investments, theatrical attendance, television stations and cable television. Definition; Population; Economies; Argentina; Chile; Brazil; Mexico.
- Movies Lead, All Other Follow. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);10/28/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the role of motion pictures in the evolution and popularity of video-on-demand (VOD) cable and satellite services in the U.S. Significance of VOD units to the cable television industry; Popularity of movies to on-demand consumers; Cable networks that are expanding their content for...
- First-Run VOD. // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p56
Presents several charts on the first-run and continuing movies in the video-on-demand window from the major film studios that supply product to cable operators in the U.S. Box-office gross of "Constantine"; Release date of "Meet the Fockers"; Studio that released "The Pacifier."
- Hooray for Hollywood. Egan, Jack // Variety;8/25/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 2, pA28
Discusses the importance of motion pictures to HBO and other cable television channels. Estimated number of films broadcast by HBO and Cinemax per year; Signs of the importance of theatrical movies for HBO; Details of the agreement between HBO and AOL Time Warner.
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- EFFECT OF SATELLITE BROADCASTING. // BKSTS Journal;May1980, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p234
The article discusses the effect of satellite broadcasting on the British film industry. The Interim Action Committee's 3rd Report discusses Statistics, Technological Developments and Cable Television. A satellite system devoted to television broadcasting could make available a further...
- News: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/18/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 18, p8
Presents news briefs related to the field of television and motion picture industry, as of November 24, 2003. Television program licensing rights for which have been sold by HBO & Co. to the History Channel; Program for which New York-based NBC is teaming up with the Travel Channel; Motion...
- Plug 'n' Play 'n' Audio. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p66
Focuses on the plug-and-play agreement between the cable television industry and the consumer electronics industry in the U.S. Copy protection procedures for valuable programming; Memorandum of understanding concerning encoding rules; Implications for the movie industry.