HDTV IN OCTOBER
- Innovating All Along. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p4
Discusses the plans of U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to double the number of HBO On Demand installations by end of the year 2002. Viewership of original series on HBO On Demand; Technological innovations undertaken by HBO On Demand; Transmission of HBO's programming in...
- HD production in Europe. Radlo, Nick // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p24
The article looks at the demand for high definition (HD) program content in Europe. In production, HD television (TV) is already a reality, with many programs being shot in HD. It observes the move of cable TV to launch HD services. The article also notes that rock and pop concerts are...
- WHAT'S ON HD TONIGHT? Olgeirson, Ian // Cable World (10427228);6/9/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the emergence of high definition television services in the cable industry in the U.S. as of June 9, 2003. Competition between cable and satellite; Result of a survey on television programming.
- 500 HD CHOICES, COMCAST DECLARES. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p23
The article reports that Comcast Corp. in the U.S. has boasted its 500 on-demand programming choices in high definition (HD) including movies and television shows. The proclamation shows that the country's largest cable operator is following through the "Project Infinity" initiative to expand...
- Indies Look to Impress. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p70
The article provides information on the cable television market opportunities for the companies to introduce innovative techniques in television broadcasting. It describes the innovative techniques to be used by television broadcasting companies including high-definition, and three-dimensional...
- CABLE WILD FOR NATURE. Dempsey, John // Variety;9/20/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 5, p18
Compares the concept of high-definition programming of cable television networks Outdoor Life Network and Outdoor Channel. Efforts of the networks to promote a nature-friendly television concept; Information on the reality television programs of the networks; Net income of the networks.
- HBO's 'Sopranos' Goes High-Definition. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p38
Informs on the plans of cable television channel Home Box Office (HBO) to air the second and third seasons of its hit program 'The Sopranos' in the high-definition television format.
- The Sopranos hit hi-def. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/08/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p76
Reports that Home Box Office has remastered the second season of the television program 'The Sopranos' to high definition television.
- ANIMATED NETS RACE TO GO HD. Hibberd, James // Television Week;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on the shift of animated cable television networks to high definition (HD) programming in the U.S. Cartoon Network and Disney Channel shifted their production to HD in preparation for HD channels. The average programming cost of HD animated programs is $10,000. One factor...