- Hallmark takes a trimming. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/14/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 42, p17
Focuses on the broadcasting operation of Hallmark Channel. Stagnation of Hallmark's rating; Radical changes of the channel; Predictions of the channel on the top 10 in cable.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p46
Presents updates on the stock prices of various cable and telecommunication companies in the U.S. as of December 14, 2004. Ciena Corp; Worldgate Communications Inc.; Cablevision; Crown Media.
- CLOSING PRICES. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p30
Presents a chart of the price of stocks of companies in the television broadcasting industry as of November 10, 2003. Stock price of multiple system operators such as Adelphia Communications Corp.; Performance of programmers and equipment vendors such as Crown Media and ADC; Information on...
- Hallmark Prods Crown. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/8/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p17
The article reports on the decision made by the Crown Media Holding Inc. to accept a deal from its creditor and equity holder in the U.S. in 2009. The company announced that the plan is part of its marketing strategy to shave more than half of its debt to avoid potential default scenario. Crown...
- NORTEL PUSHES SERVICES PLAY WITH SOFTSWITCH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p12
Introduces Nortel Networks Corp.'s services-oriented Succession softswitch. Features of the softswitch; Advantage of a services-oriented approach.
- Nortel Covers All Bets in Metro Optics Markets. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Nortel Networks' strategies to retain its leadership in the metropolitan optical networking market in North America. Development of a tunable laser incorporated into optical DWDM; Factors contributing to Nortel's success in the market; Redefinition of company's performance and economics.
- Nortel to further reduce work force. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Details the restructuring plans of Toronto, Ontario-based Nortel Networks. Plans for plant divestitures; Decision to lay-off 3,500 employees; Transition from vertical integration to virtual integration.
- Report: Telecom market still slow. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;9/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p41
Cites a report by the Dell'Oro Group concerning the performance of the U.S. market for optical transport and multiservice synchronous optical network gear during the second quarter of 2002. Decline in revenue for the optical transport market; Rise in revenue from the sale of SONET multiservice...
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Oct2008, p4
The article offers information on the topics covered within the issue including Nortel Networks, best Buy, and Nokia.