- WEEKLY MOVERS. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p30
Focuses on the performance of companies in the cable television and telecommunication industry as of November 10, 2003. WorldGate Communications Inc.; CSG Systems Inc.; Adelphia Communications Corp.; Telewest Communications PLC.
- Bondholders Acquire UK Cable Operator. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p24
Reports that bondholders have agreed to acquire a 97 percent in Great Britain-based cable television operator Telewest Communications. Terms under the restructuring plan.
- TeleWest's UK cable, phone subs grow dramatically. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/24/95, Vol. 125 Issue 17, p35
Reports on TeleWest's addition of cable television subscribers in Great Britain for the first quarter of 1995. Total number of subscribers in owned and operated franchises; Company's addition of residential telephony subscribers.
- HEALTHY FIRST QUARTER HELPS TELEWEST STOCK. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;8/3/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the increased profits of British cable operator Telewest Communications PLC for the first half of 2001. Increase in sales and number of subscribers.
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.
- Hooked Up. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 1, p68
Presents news briefs from the cable television industry in the United States in 1998. Agreement of Adelphia Communications Corp. to acquire systems from Verto Communications Inc.; Cash tender offers of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Information on the affiliation deals signed by ISP Channel...
- Cable stocks plummet. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p12
Reports the decrease of the cable stocks on the Adelphia Communications Corp. Management scheme on programming packages; Company operation on cable operators; Indication of plain-old pay channels.
- Nets May Lose MSO's Fees. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the impact of the financial difficulties suffered by Adelphia Communications Corp. on cable networks running on its system. Reason for the decision of Charter Communications to abandon its deal with Adelphia; Factor that caused the problems of Adelphia.