- AIR DUCT BOARDS/KOOLDUCTÂ® SYSTEM. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004, Vol. 76 Issue 6, special section p2
Provides information on several air duct systems. Packaging; Thermal conductivity; Acoustical performance; Air velocity; Thermal conductance.
- National Primary Special Standard for the Unit of Air Flow Velocity Get 150-2012. Popov, K.; Polikarpov, S.; Chistyakov, Yu. // Measurement Techniques;Nov2014, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p845
The national primary special standard for the unit of air flow velocity, GET 150-2012, is described. Its operating principle and metrological characteristics are examined. International key comparisons of national standards for air flow velocity confirm that the metrological characteristics of...
- Aeroacoustic interaction in a corrugated duct. Kop'ev, V. F.; Mironov, M. A.; Solntseva, V. S. // Acoustical Physics;Mar2008, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p197
The sound generation by an air flow in a corrugated tube is studied experimentally for different values of the corrugation pitch and different tube lengths. The Strouhal numbers of sound generated in different tubes with different flow velocities lie within 0.4â€“0.6. As the flow velocity...
- A possible approach to optimization of parameters of sound-absorbing structures for multimode waveguides. Mironov, M. // Acoustical Physics;Nov2011, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p759
A method of allowing for the spatial sound field structure in designing the sound-absorbing structures for turbojet aircraft engine ducts is proposed. The acoustic impedance of a duct should be chosen so as to prevent the reflection of the primary sound field, which is generated by the sound...
- Analyzing the Effects of Airflow Disturbances on Measurement and Control Equipment Positioned Downstream and Close to an Air Duct Elbow-- For the Purpose of Optimizing System Performance Using a CFD Technique. Hasan, Ali M. // ASHRAE Transactions;2014, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p311
No abstract available.
- MASTERCLASS DUCTING DESIGN. Creamer, Mike // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;May2008, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p35
The article discusses the process of conveying the cooling medium, air, to and from the conditioned space by the use of ducting. It enumerates the parameters that should be considered before designing the ducted system. It states that the required cross sectional areas when designing a ducted...
- Sound Absorption of Microperforated Duct Systems. Leistner, Philip; Hettler, Steffen // HVAC&R Research;Jul2004, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p265
In recent years, the concept of microperforated sound absorbers has been successfully implemented in various applications, such as transparent panel absorbers, microperforated foils, or suspended ceilings. For the first time, interior design and room acoustics were merged by using various...
- For One Wholesaler, This Duct System Can Sell Itself. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/24/2004 Supplement, Vol. 222, p10
Explores why heating, ventilation and air conditioning supplier Century Air Conditioning installed a Knauf Insulation Max 10 duct system at its branch in Barker Cypress, Texas. Thermal properties of the system; Efficient airflow and noise control; Energy efficiency of the system.
- ACCOUNTING OF THE INFLUENCE OF AIR CONSUMPTION AT DETERMINATION OF THERMAL INSULATING LAYER PARAMETERS ON AIR DUCTS OF VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS. Sargsyan, S. V.; Abaev, A. O.; Senichkin, N. V. // Internet-Vestnik VolgGASU;2013, Issue 29, p1
The paper deals with the method to calculation of the thickness of the thermal insulating layer on the air ducts of ventilation and air conditioning systems produced with the given decrease of the temperature of air transported by air ducts, the temperature on the cover layer of thermal...