- VOD Shares PPV Burdens But Bears More Promise. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/29/2005 25th Anniversary, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p24
Claims that video-on-demand (VOD) is a more viable business platform than the pay-per-view approach in the U.S. Features of the direct-broadcast satellite services; Estimated revenue by cable operators from VOD purchases from 2003 to 2014; Opinion of several programmers on the viability of a...
- Launch Pad. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p2
The article reports on the premiere of the male-centric voice-on-demand service of Ripe TV on October 28, 2005. Assistance provided by Hearst-Argyle TV is reported. Information on programs and advertisements to be aired are provided.
- First-Run Features. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p22
Presents a listing of upcoming first-run and continuing movies in the video-on-demand window from the major studios that supply products to cable operators in the U.S., such as Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox, Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, Metro-Goldwyn Mayer Inc., Walt...
- Dollars & Sense: IPTV: The Business Model (Part Ii). Kurtin, Owen D. // VIA Satellite;9/1/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p8
This article focuses on the components of video on demand (VOD) services. The author discusses the vertical relationship between the satellite VOD provider or operator, distributors down the chain such as other multichannel video programming distributors or end-user subscribers, and up the...
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;9/5/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p18
Presents a list of subscription video-on-demand offerings from several cable television and satellite providers in the U.S. in September 2005.
- On-demand's new pitch. Qualters, Rick // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the implications of CableLabs Inc.'s Asset Delivery Interface 2.0 specifications for on-demand content providers, multisystem operators and hardware and software vendors. Role in helping cable operators to integrate new technology into their systems and to promote interoperability...
- Cable Nets Working to Supply VOD Programs, Packages. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p18
Presents information on the video-on-demand programs and packages being offered by cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 21, 2003. E! Presents Comcast on Demand; HBO on Demand; Independent Film Channel; IFC on Demand.
- SALUTING THE BEST IN DIGITAL, PPV, AND VOD MARKETING. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p18A
Presents the Digital Case Study competition on operations and services of cable operators in the United States. Sponsors of the competition; Categories of the competition; Marketing ideas for industry leaders.
- Multi-Tier Promo Stems PPV Erosion. // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p20A
Reports the video-on-demand (VOD) and pay-per-view (PPV) campaigns among cable operators in the United States. Erosion in PPV usage and revenue; Factors influencing the increase of the usage of PPV and VOD; Company operation of Cablevision.