- HDTV makes gains. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;8/26/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 35, p29
Features the high definition television programming of Tribune Broadcasting and The WB network in the U.S. Transmission of programs by both companies; Composition of the program 'Family Affair'; Expansion of the HDTV coverage of CBS network; Coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament.
- HDNet Owner Spreads The High-Def Wealth. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p46
Reports the introduction of the high definition Net (HDNet) in Dallas, Texas. Offering of the HD television programming channel by Internet pioneer Mark Cubans; Features of HDNet; Advantages of HDNet.
- Where's the HDTV? Dickson, Glen; Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 42, p10
Offers information on high-definition television (HDTV) programming of several television networks in the United States. Television programs under HDTV programming; Comments from network executives. INSETS: Getting set(s) for HDTV;DTV's first wave.
- HDTV Update. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C.; Griffin, Al // Sound & Vision;Oct2002, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p17
Presents updates on high-definition television (HDTV) in 2002. Television programs offered by television networks through HDTV; Components of the Cinetransformer trailer; Subscriber fees for Discovery Network's Discovery HD Theater channel.
- Panasonic Underwrites HDTV On CBS Network. Michaelson, Elizabeth // SHOOT;10/20/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 42, p7
Reports the sponsorship of Panasonic for the 2000-'01 CBS television lineup in New York. Details on the high-definition broadcasting of the network's comedy and drama prime-time series; List of series included in the programming; Interests of other electronic companies to underwrite the costs...
- Innovating All Along. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p4
Discusses the plans of U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to double the number of HBO On Demand installations by end of the year 2002. Viewership of original series on HBO On Demand; Technological innovations undertaken by HBO On Demand; Transmission of HBO's programming in...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;8/15/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 157, p2
The article reveals that only one-third of households in the U.S. with high-definition (HD)-capable television sets are using them to watch HD programming.
- First-Run VOD. // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p11A
Lists prominent U.S. National High Definition television programming for August 2003 from cables' major high definition programmers, including Discovery, ESPN, HBO, Showtime and HDNET. List of primetime and premiere programming plus live events offered by the cable channels; Live events offered...
- TV'S READ-HEADED HD STEPCHILD. Grover, Derek // Millimeter;Aug2003, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p27
Presents an author's experience on the use of high definition technology in the cinematography of television programs in the U.S. Failures of the high definition adapter; Perception on the use of high definition technology upon the artistic film industry; Reason for the reluctance in the use of...