Interconnects and Systems
- Building Cable's New Fighting Machine. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p30
Focuses on the possible reentry of Time Warner Cable into the New York Interconnect, a cable interconnect co-owned by Comcast and Cablevision System Corp. that allows media buyers to place advertisements across multiple cable systems. Confirmation by Time Warner Advertising Sales President...
- Cable. // Business NH Magazine;Jan1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
Provides information about the cable television companies in New Hampshire. Why the services and rates in cable television vary; List of the basic rates, commercial rates, and bulk account rates offered by the companies.
- The rise of cable television. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 47, p29
Focuses on the development of cable televisions in the United States. Capabilities of satellite on the relay services of television stations; Launching of the CNN news channel; Complications of satellite signals among pay cable channel.
- 620K. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/18/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 19, p35
A statistic is given on the number of CableCard modules deployed in retail-bought video devices by the top nine U.S. cable operators as of May 18, 2015.
- Hot! Hot! Hot! Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/17/2002 Supplement, Vol. 22, p14
Focuses on the efforts done to increase the advertisement sales by interconnects and cable affiliates through targeting the Latino population in the U.S. Cable operators offering Latino-oriented advertisement-sales; Provision of a link between English and Spanish; Development of a creative...
- Passage Promises Big Savings. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Reports the opening of Passage cable television technology to the conditional access systems of second vendors. Savings from the technology; Significance of open standards; Negotiations with Sony, developer of the technology.
- Cable Network Directory. // Response;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Presents a cable network directory in the U.S. ABC Family Channel; Access Television Network; American Movie Classics; Auction TV; The Beauty & Fashion Channel; B Mania Television Network; Cartoon Network; Catalog TV; Chronicle DTV; CLTV; CNN; CNNFN; CNN Headline News; Colours; Comedy Central;...
- Ad negatives to Sky Plus launch. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
Comments on the launch of new cable television networks and Sky Plus upgrade, Sky Plus160. Strategic management of ITV3 and ABC1; Advantages of Sky Plus160; Features of PVR.
- STUDY: CABLE THEFT DROPS. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;4/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p18
Cites key research findings in the U.S. in 2005 indicating a decline in signal theft from cable companies.