- Local-Ad Sales Softness Stings Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to lower its full-year revenue and earnings guidance due to the slow recovery of the local cable television advertising market in the U.S., as of September 29, 2003. Decline in Viacom's share price; Forecast on local advertising growth for local...
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p60
Presents updates and statistics concerning the stocks of companies involved in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of June 28, 2004. Broadcom Corp.; Adelphia Communications Corp.; Speedus.com; Crown Media.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p42
Presents information on the stock prices of several companies in the television industry in the U.S. as of April 25, 2005. Juniper Networks Inc.; Crown Media Holdings; Playboy Enterprises.
- Comcast bows 'Net service Fancast. LITTLETON, CYNTHIA // Daily Variety;12/16/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 51, p7
The article reports on the decision of Comcast to make its Fancast Xfinity TV online video service available to its subscribers in the U.S. The author explains that the service was previously in a trial mode with about 5,000 subscribers. He also mentions that the service will be enjoyed by...
- Comcast to Challenge Rate Rollback. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p68
Reports on the announcement of Comcast Corp. officials that the company will appeal rate-rollback orders approved by local franchising authorities (LFA), as of April 2005. Factor on which LFA based the rollout; Way in which most major cable operators collect rates; Response of Comcast to U.S....
- Fox News Is in Business With Comcast. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p28
The article reports on the deal between Fox News Channel and cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will offer Fox News' business channel to its digital subscribers. The business channel would be available to 12 million Comcast subscribers. The business channel would also have...
- Comcast Cites Hispanic Gains. Stilson, Janet // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Deals with the performance of the Hispanic-American package of channels offered by Comcast Corp. in April 2005. Number of subsciribers in the package; Forecast of the growth of its Hispanic American customer base; Factors that contributed to the efficient performance of the Hispanic packages of...
- Hallmark Can't Wait For Christmas. Umstead, R. Thomas // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 37, p14
An interview with Michelle Vicary, executive vice president of programming and network publicity at Crown Media Family Networks, is presented. Vicary shares the reason Hallmark decided to start their "Countdown to Christmas" event programming on Halloween and how their brand helps in attracting...
- CABLE NET PROMOS MAKE A MARK. // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p28
Deals with the promotions of cable network companies in the U.S. as of May 19, 2003. Animal Planet Expo promotion created by Animal Plant; Mother's Day and Father's Day sweepstakes created by Hallmark Channel; Beach Week promotion created by Travel Channel.