- Gun owners are fed up. Gutner, Lorne // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p22
Reports that many Albertans are angry with the Canadian national government for buying into arguments that legally-owned guns are a threat to society. Various statistical types of data; Comment and analysis.
- Get 'em while they're legal. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/4/94, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p22
Reports that as politicians in Ottawa consider new gun control legislation, many Canadians are continuing to purchase firearms. Actions of Justice Minister Allan Rock; Moves by anti-gun lobbyists.
- California town steps into gun control cross-fire. Drew, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;4/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 103, p3
Focuses on the debate in Livermore, California over the proposed banning of cheap handguns there. Livermore police department chief Ron Scott's support for the ban; Background on the efforts to ban these guns; Information on Livermore; Arguments of supporters of the ban.
- Gun poor. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Mar96, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on gun control. Enforcement of melting low points; Reasons for targeting cheap guns with laws.
- Gun control: New approaches. Anderson, George M. // America;3/11/1995, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the increasing need for more effective gun control regulations in the United States. Lack of accountability from gun-owning households; Causes and cases of gun accidents involving children; Child-safety proposals; Concerns on the increasing gun access of young people; Public...
- Britain targets gun control after Scottish tragedy. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;3/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 78, p6
Highlights that in light of the Dunblane massacre in Scotland the political system in Great Britain is targeting its gun control laws to make them tougher. Insight on a campaign to ban handguns; Comments from David Mellor, a senior Conservative member of the Parliament.
- Looking back: Some things never change. // Field & Stream;Nov97, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p18
Presents an excerpt from an editorial on gun control published in the November 1931 issue of `Field and Stream.'
- Is gun control on target? McCollum, Sean // Junior Scholastic;9/16/94, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p8
Presents two sides of the argument on guns control in the United States. Necessity of guns control for crime reduction; Contention against the outlawing of guns.
- What good is a gun you can't use? McDowell, Jim // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/03/97, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p33
Reports on incidents in which a British Columbia homeowner used his gun to drive off burglars. Details of the incident; Whether the incident is relevant to complaints about Canada's firearms control law regarding the safe storage of guns.
- Dueling over gun control. // Wilson Quarterly;Summer94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p125
Presents a survey of articles dealing with the issue of gun control. Signing of the Brady bill by President Bill Clinton into law; Provisions of the bill; Statistics on gun-related mortality rates; Increasing probability of mortality with gun ownership.