To post or not to post
- AFTER PRIVACY: THE RISE OF FACEBOOK, THE FALL OF WIKILEAKS, AND SINGAPORE'S PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2012. CHESTERMAN, SIMON // Singapore Journal of Legal Studies;Dec2012, p391
This article offers information on the changing ways regarding the production of information, its storage and sharing due to the increase in the use of social-networking websites such as Facebook and controversies related to the activities of non-profit organization WikiLeaks. It mentions that...
- Series: Social Networking for the Blind or Visually Impaired: The What, Why, and How. Lewis Jr., Larry L. // Accessworld: Technology for Consumers with Visual Impairments;Apr2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
In this article, the author discusses social networking for the blind or visually impaired. According to him, social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter have become the standard to communicate within the classroom and workplace and amongst acquaintances and friends to share similar...
- Unfriending The Enemy. Steinmetz, Katy // Time;10/22/2012, Vol. 180 Issue 17, p15
The article looks at political discussions over the 2012 presidential election on the social networking website Facebook. It states that due to the diverse nature of online networks, the risk of offending another user's political beliefs has increased. Removing individuals from networks or...
- Why Do People Use Social Networks? P�rez, Marcelo; G�mez, Juan M. // Communications of the IIMA;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p41
Online social networking (OSN) sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are among the most popular sites around the World. In the case of Mexico, these sites are considered to be in the top. Users have different tools for reading and sharing information with his friends and/or contacts and...
- Social Media for Business: The Good, the Bad... Uttamchandani, Ashish // Barbados Business Catalyst;Jul2012, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p27
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the social media for business. It mentions that the social media allows interaction by sharing information, pictures and ideas through social networking websites including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. It also mentions that the social...
- Facebook Sweepstakes. GORNEY, MATTHEW // Student Lawyer;Jan2012, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p71
The article focuses on the "Put a Dent in Your Debt Sweepstakes" on Facebook 2012 contest wherein the U.S. Law Student Division's 15 circuits vied to get the most "Likes" on the social networking website, with the 15th circuit under Circuit Governor, Chris Gast, emerging as the top winner.
- Expert Advice On: Social Media Engagement. // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;12/5/2011, p3
The article discusses how meeting customers are using online social media like LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter in real business situations.
- Study shows Facebook making world smaller. // Michigan Citizen;12/4/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 4, pA8
The article offers information on an Italian study which found that Facebook is making the world smaller.
- Make sure you have a strict staff policy on the use of social media. Robinson, Stephen // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/27/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4738, p40
The article provides an answer to a question concerning usage of social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter by the employees.