The decline of the Federal Government
- Gillard sustains population myth. Murray, Ruby J. // Eureka Street;7/2/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article offers the author's views on Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard's decision to change Tony Burke's title position from Minister for Population to Minister for Sustainable Population. The author cites that political discussion of sustainability encourages misdirection and mirror...
- BOY WONDER. // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/21/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6583, p8
The article presents information on Kevin07, a new Web site for children, which resembles the popular television cartoon series "Ben10." The TV show's archvillain is a mutant called Kevin11, an alien who at first resembles a boy, but has the ability to absorb and utilize his opponent's...
- HISTORY IN THE MAKING! Stehr, Hagen // Ausmarine;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p6
The article looks at the election of Julia Gillard as the first woman Prime Minister of Australia in 2010 and how the past government impacted the fishing industry. According to the author, the policies of former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd hurt the seafood industry. The author argues that...
- SHIPPING, SHIPBUILDING & PORTS. // Australian Maritime Digest;5/1/2013, Issue 222, p6
The article offers maritime news briefs in Australia as of May 1, 2013. Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Arts Minister Tony Burke announced the addition of the film "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" to a growing list of blockbuster productions filmed in the country. Hutchison Ports Australia...
- Cracking down on 'people smugglers' is no solution. // Green Left Weekly;11/3/2010, Issue 859, preceding p13
The article reports on the decision of Prime Minister Julia Gillard, to punish and condemn those people who practice evil trade by providing refugees with passage to Australia.
- I BLIGH OFFICE TOWER INAUGURATED. // Elevator World;Dec2011, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p28
The article announces the inauguration of the 1 Bligh Office Tower in Sydney, New South Wales by Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard on August 30, 2011.
- Refugee advocates to visit East Timor. Janicke, Kiraz // Green Left Weekly;4/20/2011, Issue 877, p5
The article reports that refugee advocates of Australia have announced that they will be sending a delegation to Dili, East Timor in May to lobby against a proposal by Julia Gillard, Australian prime minister (PM) to build a regional processing center in East Timor for refugees as it would...
- IN BRIEF. // AEU SA Branch Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p14
The article offers information on the move of the Deputy Prime Minister in Australia Julia Gillard to sign a memorandum of understanding with U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
- Australia to keep religious 'freedom' protections. // Philadelphia Gay News;1/18/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p17
The article informs about Australia's Prime Minister Julia Gillard who has informed religious groups that they will have the freedom under a new rights bill to discriminate against gay people and other people deemed sinners.