COMMENTARY & PERSPECTIVE
- Menace II society. // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p10
Cites an article in the `Journal of the American Medical Association' by David R. Rubinow (and colleagues at the National Institute of Mental Health) which reports anabolic steriods have significant negative behavioral effects in the men who use them, including irritability, hostility and mood...
- They shoot horses, don't they? Stejskal, Gregory // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Aug94, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p1
Reviews the history of anabolic steroid use and abuse in the United States. Black market operations targeted by the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Operation Equine; Prosecution of distributors of real and counterfeit steroids; History of steroids; Side effects; Application procedure;...
- LITIGATION & COURT RULINGS. // Sports Medicine Standards & Malpractice Reporter;Jan2011, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses two court cases in the U.S. The first case alleged the failure of the defendant, surgeon Benjamin Uh, to properly secure fixation hardware for fibula and tibia fracture. It was refuted by the defendant telling that there was a proper implementation of the procedure. The...
- Destroyed by 'Roids. Fraser, Stephen // Current Health 2;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
Presents information on the health effects of anabolic steroids.
- Straight talk about steroids. // Current Health 1;Oct96 1 of 2, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
Describes various aspects of anabolic steroids. Effects on the body; Side effects; Body changes one can observe in a person who uses steroids.
- WEIGHT WARS: HORMONES/METABOLISM. // Science World;2/7/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 9/10, p27
Discusses health issues among teenagers including the use of anabolic steroids to increase lean muscle mass.
- The effect of the anabolic agent, nandrolone laurate, on certain production and reproduction parameters in ram lambs, under intensive and extensive feeding regimes. Greyling, J.P.C.; Taylor, G.J. // South African Journal of Animal Science;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 3/4, p179
Forty Dorper ram lambs were allocated to two trials. In the first trial (intensively housed) and second trial (extensively maintained), one group (n = 10) in each trial was treated weekly with an intramuscular injection of an anabolic steroid (50 mg nandrolone laurate) for a 12-week period. The...
- Detective D. D. Digger On The Job. Rizzo, Kay D. // Winner;May2002, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p8
Presents an educational quiz about anabolic steroids.
- Game Over! Peckham, Lori // Winner;Apr2008, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p8
The article present an activity program for students pertaining to the use of anabolic steroids in sports.