- Teaching Tips Corner: Tips from the AEJMC Teaching Committee Student Attendance: Being Present for the Teaching Moment. Wassmuth, Birgit // AEJMC News;Mar2011, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p8
The article offers tips on the enforcement of student attendance in every classroom environment in case of the absence of an attendance policy. The author argues between the importance of student attendance and student absences whether excused or unexcused as student attendance falls an...
- The intelligence-friendly classroom. Fogarty, Robin // Phi Delta Kappan;May98, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p655
Discusses guidelines that server as a bridge between theory and practice in the intelligence-friendly classroom. Definition of intelligence-friendly classrooms; The various theories of intelligence and their role for the intelligence-friendly classroom; The compelling implications that the...
- A moral 'contract' nurtures a school. Newcomb, Amelia // Christian Science Monitor;10/12/99, Vol. 91 Issue 221, p15
Focuses on the use of a positive moral contract in the classroom that benefits the students and faculty.
- I've been running late since 1988...but I have a good excuse, really! Spake, Amanda // Glamour;Dec96, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p104
Focuses on tardiness. Psychology of lateness; Ways of combatting the compulsion to be late; Genetic link; Physiological explanation; Compromising activities in order to prevent tardiness.
- How to. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Dec96, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p7
Offers tips on how to overcome a late habit. Identification of factors that contribute to a late habit; Time management; Setting of priorities; Importance of planning.
- We Vote! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Sep2008, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p1
The article offers step-by-step instructions for voting on a game to play inside a classroom.
- Message from the President of TECC. Linnell, Chuck // Technology & Children;Sep2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the resumption of classes for elementary school students in South Carolina. Need for a stimulating and creative classroom environment; Correlation of technological activities with elementary subjects; Importance of a class laboratory for students.
- Safety Tips for the Teacher. Childress, Vincent; Gray, Ricki // Technology & Children;Dec2002, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the factors to consider in improving classroom safety. Use of tools and materials that may cause concern for student safety; Accounts on the use of alternative tools in activities requiring sharp materials; Details on the changes made in classroom management systems.
- A longitudinal investigation of race and sex as factors in children's classroom friendship choices. Graham, James A.; Cohen, Robert; Zbikowski, Susan M.; Secrist, Mary E. // Child Study Journal;1998, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p245
Presents the results of a longitudinal assessment of children's classroom friendship choices. Characteristics of children's friendships; Role of race and sex in friendship choices; Relationship between changes in numbers of same/cross, race/sex friends to changes in number of mutual friends...