- Manches institutes career road map for aspirational lawyers. Moshinsky, Ben // Lawyer;3/19/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
The article announces the plan of Manches company to revamp its training for young lawyers by using a career road map in Great Britain. The new training will assess the development of associates after qualifying at the three key stages. Human resource head Lynne Harris said that with the...
- Discipline with dignity: A positive approach for managers. Wittenberg, Peter M. // Federal Probation;Sep95, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p40
Presents a discussion on how to prepare an employee for disciplinary action for managers. Preparation in order to defuse negative reactions that accompany most employee disciplinary decisions; Discussion on how to afford employee a level of dignit y furing the disciplinary process.
- Performance Management For Jekyll And Hyde. Segal, Jonathan A. // HR Magazine;Feb1999, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p130
Discusses some aspects of performance management. Discipline for not meeting expectations; Risk of employers that attempt to address the real cause of an employee's workplace problem; Right of an employee before receiving any discipline.
- Guidelines for the progressive discipline of employees. Ramsey, Robert D. // Supervision;Feb98, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p10
Offers guideline for the progressive discipline of employees. Definition; Steps to expedite the process; Oral reprimands; Written letters of reprimands; Suspension; Termination; Employee defenses.
- Turning 4-year-olds into model employees. Haskell, Lew // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/24/96, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p16B
Presents advice on how to get employees to accept responsibility. Includes establishment of a vision statement for the firm or the department; Addition of a values statement outline the way things will be done or the standards of behavior; Determination of the extent of the problem; Direct...
- HR must act now to stem the tide of internet abuse. O'Reilly, Noel // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p2
Reports the disciplinary actions made by the human resources personnel on the increase of internet abuse in Great Britain. Principle behind the prohibition of pornography; Removal of an offensive material from business systems; Increase of the levels of productivity.
- Discipline isn't easy. Gaeta, Jerry // Landscape Management;Mar2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p16
Provides suggestions of implementing employee discipline. Major cause of employee grievances; What should be asked when confronted with a discipline problem; Suggestion if tardiness and absenteeism persist.
- WHEN PRIOR PUNISHMENTS DON'T COUNT. Rudman, William // Government Executive;May2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p77
Focuses on the imposition of prior disciplinary action on employees in the United States. Factors for a reasonable punishment; Observance of the Gregory decision; Need to initiate arbitration process.
- Curb on-line abuse with cooperation. Prentice, Edward G. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/23/95, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p28
Addresses the issue on abuse of on-line computer service by employees. Waste of money and company time by using on-line services for non-work related purposes; Ineffectiveness of introduction of various control in response to abuse of on-line services.